Search results

1. Scan 4.jpg

Scan 4.jpg

My drawing of CRRofNJ 4-4-0 camelback class D4
  2. Scan 1.jpg

Scan 1.jpg

Photo of CRRofNJ # 567 a Class D4 locomotive. Locomotive history. 8, standard rear cab 4-4-0 type locomotives made by Baldwin in 1881-82. all went to the Central Ashley PA. shop. after a average of 17 years service to be rebuilt as camelback. #172 renumbered to 545 and again to #567.
  3. IMG_1538 s.JPG

IMG_1538 s.JPG

My model of CRRofNJ D4 class #567, Everything above frame is scratch built. Frame and drive are from a Rivarossi Model. Change to tender was only a coal load was added.
  4. IMG_1544 s.JPG

IMG_1544 s.JPG

Second view ofCRRof NJ #567,
  5. T

The Rare locomotive!

Mike. They run just fine! I try not to run them because of their rarity. Their were produced by the New One company of Japan. This name has been on many cast and brass ho train products coming out of Japan. They are the same diecast metal construction as Silvines 0-4-0 saddle Tanker B&O #25. As...
  6. T

The Rare locomotive!

Well I'm 77 and I have a pair of different HO locos I call rare because I have seen another one of this pair in my lifetime of collecting HO trains. Which has been since I was 25 and started collecting HO train items. That term rare is has been badly misused. Here again is my B&O and New Haven...
  7. T

Ho, Brass Knapp (pre Bowser) 4-8-2 Mountain Restore Project

The differance between the Bowser mountain and the Knapp mountain is easy to see. The original Knapp version has spoked drivers, The Bowser version has Boxpoke drivers. The ones with the circular holes and not spokes. These drivers can be seen in all my recient photos of my Bronze Mountains. And...
  8. T

I have a photo of one of my early ones when I had it taken apart just before painting and lettering.
  9. T

Well I went up to the attic . Slid out the tray of recient loco finds. My present bronze 4-8-2 is under the Varney Berkshire. I reworked the photo to this.
  10. T

I had a pair of them which I painted and lettered for NYO&W #325 and 326. They got traded away and about a year ago I found another at a train show. here is the old photo of my fiirst two Bronze mountains Both are Bowser
  11. T

I always like the Bronze mountain but never found it in the original Knap version.
  12. T

Inland Cement…

I am familiar with the Inland co name because of a box car made by HObbyline HO trains 1956. preview catalog here the 1956 train set #412 "The Shuttle Bug with tis INLAND box car. Just the product being moved is Ammonia Sulphate. frank It's a heck of a day.
  13. T

LVRR Class E-27 4-4-0

THE FRAME, DRIVE, AND FRONT TRUCK IS ALL ORIGINAL. THE TENDER NOW HAS A COAL LOAD.
  14. T

LVRR Class E-27 4-4-0

I used a Rivarossi 4-4-0 frame, drivers, front pilot and 4 wheel truck. All else I scratchbuilt.
  15. T

LVRR Class E-27 4-4-0

Making a Lehigh Valley 4-4-0 class E-27. If you follow the History of a favorite railroad seeing their old steam locomotives studying them, becomes something you just don't notice you'r doing. You start to reasearch a particular locomotive, of a particular class. Seeing photos of the Valley...
  16. T

Comment by 'trainbum' in media 'HObbyline Ho train sets made from 1953 to 1957.'

This site does not allow for my bad spelling by not giving a composer of posts here the right to edite or deleate a post. I am never perfect the first time and need to edite or start over offten. That is why I dont post much here. I embaris myself and can't correct it. frank "It is a heck of a day"
  17. T

Comment by 'trainbum' in media 'HObbyline Ho train sets made from 1953 to 1957.'

Ahhhhhh! What can I say. Hmmmmmm. Well HObbyline was in business I think from 1953 to and including1957. They produced 30 cataloged set and 2 other uncataloged set in thst time period. I have the Locomotives and cars in my collection with which I can put together the other 27 sets. As you see...
  18. T

More to came. Same 1954 catalog. page 4. Next set is set #430 another PRR small passenger set using the same three passenger cars but this time pulled by a PRR A4 class switcher. see you latter.
  19. T

Iron Horseman. 1953 for hobbyline had their own style split knuckle with a round pin comming out the bottom of it for a uncoupling aid. These coplers proved to be fragil at times so in 1954 a beeefier coupler was released. Beeefier means a little larger. Now what would be next. Hummmmm. 1954...
  20. T

Here is HObbyline set #2 of 1953. There wont be a set #3 posted for in 1953 there were only 2 sets released. I spoke of it in my last post but didn't place a photo. I dont remember why. So I'll try again. Now I know I need a link from some other site to post aphot on this sit. very old fashion...

Back