Search results

1. RIGuyUK

Buildin' Buildings

Hi All After a bit of a hiatus from posting due to concentrating on home improvements, I've been able to turn my attention back to my layout. The layout is to be a switching yard, set in amongst various warehouses, as part of a larger industrial area. The first structure is a modified...
  2. RIGuyUK

My Weathering Projects

Hi All I had posted in the weathering thread progress on removing weathering from a few boxcars I have. I made a mess of one of them, an IC car, so I have decided to repaint it into a Rock Island example. I removed all of the existing markings and as much of the weathering as possible with...
  3. RIGuyUK

Resurrecting Proto 2000 Loco's with Cracked Gears

Hi All Last night I replaced cracked gears in 2 P2K loco's that I bought cheaply, I thought I'd make a tutorial to show those who may be hesitant to do this, just to show how easy and quick it is. To start with, here are the culprits, along with the tools used... GP7 GN GP18 RI Athearn 60024...
  4. RIGuyUK

AHM/IHC Alco C-415 HO Scale - UK

Hi All I'm looking for an AHM/IHC (or any of its other incarnations) Alco C-415. Im in the UK, I'd think shipping costs from the US would to too high. Ideally be in good condition with no broken or missing handrails, and a half decent runner. Any livery, boxed or not Thank you
  5. RIGuyUK

Seething, Ill. A Rock Island Yard in HO

HI Welcome to my layout thread My layout is named Seething, Ill. and is based somewhere in Chicago, set in 1976. ish. It is 9ft long and 15in wide. The trackwork is Peco Streamline Code 75 with the switches heavily modified to improve reliability and appearance. Control is by NCE DCC and...
  6. RIGuyUK

Hello from Scotland

Hi I'm Joe and I've just signed up to the forum I model the Rock Island RR in HO. I'm currently building a switching layout called Seething, Ill., part of a yard set in 1976 somewhere in Chicago. Total size is 9ft by 15in. It is NCE DCC controlled and features stock from all the main...

Back