Search results

1. R

My 2015 Nevada/Mojave trip - Great reference photos!

I finally finished organizing the photos from my trip and getting everything posted to my website! The report on my trip begins here: http://www.raydunakin.com/Site/Nevada_Trip_2015_Part_One.html I had some car trouble again this year, and definitely need to find another SUV before my...
  2. R

In-ko-pah RR: Serenity's Sandwich Shop

Thanks guys!
  3. R

In-ko-pah RR: Serenity's Sandwich Shop

My latest scratchbuild -- Serenity's Sandwich Shop. Made of Sintra PVC board and styrene, with corrugated metal. The door and window are from Grandt Line:
  4. R

My In-ko-pah RR in Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine!

My first full column in Model Railroad Hobbyist has just been published in the June issue! It's free and can be read online or downloaded to your computer, kindle, iPad, etc. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/magazine/mrh-2015-06-jun
  5. R

In-ko-pah RR: New pics

I had a little time today to put up a few more pics... Here's the ore bin at the Princess Shilo Mine: A freight train pulled by a steam locomotive passes through the town of Dos Manos: Here's a close up view of structures at the Cliffside Mine. On the left is the powder magazine...
  6. R

Thanks Rico! Here's a couple more pics... In this one, a passenger train goes through a rock cut before heading across the Serenity Canyon viaduct: And in this shot, a boxcar long past its prime sits beside the Mineral Ridge Mill. I still need to build some stairs to the door of the mill:
  7. R

Here are a couple photos I shot today... The desert is in bloom as an Alco RS-3n pulls a freight through Serenity Canyon: In this staged publicity photo for the railroad, a passenger train pauses atop the Serenity Canyon viaduct, while a freight passes below. In the foreground...
  8. R

In-ko-pah RR: Upgrade projects

I haven't had much time for modeling lately, but here are some pics from our open house last Saturday: Enjoy!
  9. R

Desert scenery mini diorama

Way back in the mid-1980s, I created a bunch of HO scale, mini dioramas of desert scenery, featuring the types of plants and terrain found in parts of the Anza-Borrego desert of San Diego County. These were sealed under glass domes and given to various family and friends for Christmas. One...
  10. R

Weekly Photo Phun 02/06/15 - 02/13/15

Nice shot, great looking layout!
  11. R

Weekly Photo Phun 02/06/15 - 02/13/15

Here's a quick self-portrait I shot in front of the layout recently…
  12. R

In-ko-pah RR: My latest work

At the risk of boring everyone, here's another shot of the town… The green stuff is moss or algae, brought on by the shady and relatively damp conditions on the layout at this time of year...
  13. R

Here are some shots of the building in place on the layout. Note the worn, old sign on the foundation next to the stairs. I painted that mostly by hand, which was a pain. It wasn't very sharp either but didn't need to be. Then I roughed it up with sandpaper: Here it is shortly after...
  14. R

I wanted the radio shop to have fluorescent lights, but of course there are no working fluorescent lights in 1/24th scale. However I had an idea for a way to possibly simulate the appearance of working fluorescents... I started by using 1/16" acrylic rods to represent the tubes. Small rounded...
  15. R

Here are a few recent shots of the radio shop interior, still in progress…
  16. R

Thanks! The photos are printed onto self-adhesive vinyl and then stuck to the face of the object. In most cases I don't wrap it around the whole thing, but just paint the rest of the object to blend with the image. One exception would be the "cardboard" boxes I made to pile under the workbench.
  17. R

LOL! Yep, that's a model. Thanks!
  18. R

Thanks Tony!

Back