Search results

1. S

Switch Layout Question

I first what to thank everyone for their response to my post concerning Switch Voltage (http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11866) and after some final wiring I've decided I'm not really satisfied with these switches, they seem sloppy and antiquated . Although they...
  2. S

Switch Machine Voltage?

I have a control turnout switch with power (18v ) going into the switch but can not decipher any voltage coming out of the wire connections going to the turnout. This is an older Atlas turnout control switch and I've changed out the switch with several others to trace a no voltage problem but...
  3. S

Scratch Building from a Photo?

For those of you who scratch build their buildings and structures , what procedure do you use to convert the dimensions of a building that all you have is a picture of the building to work from. Do you pen and paper it to scale or do you use a drafting Program. I appreciate any and all input!
  4. S

Turntable designs!

I was looking for designs and builders plans of the Gallows Turntable and ran across this article that I thought was very interesting. Don't know if this is the correct forum for this type of starter thread but maybe someone will find it useful. Corkscrew Turntable
  5. S

Layout Guidance

I know this is a poor image but I have a Two-fold question. Is there a way to insert this image track plan onto XTrkcad . It's a very old layout but I'm not proficient enough yet with XTrkcad to completely lay it out piece by piece. Another question is, in using this plan, I'm thinking of an...
  6. S

Track Clearance ?

I'm in the process of designing my layout and at a quandary as to clearance issues such as between parallel tracks and tracks that curve next to a vertical mountain wall . Is there a standard that is used for track and/or car clearance at the sides and height and is there a gauge that can be...
  7. S

Signal crossing track detectors?

Good evening All. I'm a new member here on the forum and will probably ask quite a few questions in constructing an HO scale layout for my Grandson as I see there have quite a few changes in the HO hobby since I last worked on it. When I was maybe 10 years old I bought my first HO scale train...

Back