Search results

1. DocHollomon

3D printing model train accessories and landscape

The jig is to lay the timber in, to glue it all together, (?? Trestle on top of trestle ?) not sure what that is about did you see the trestle drawings
  2. DocHollomon

i'm going to do resin much better end product I do Ho and some 1/35 custom military I'm going to sell customed posed 1/35 have myself scanned in uniform with weapons
  3. DocHollomon

trying to find someone to print the jig untiill i can get my own printer
  4. DocHollomon

The chopsticks being bamboo, stain very well
  5. DocHollomon

this will be my finished layout, as far as the lumber lengths, I'm not sure. I just went by the drawing I posted above. I used chop sticks. In stead of buy from hobby shop. gotta save money where you can
  6. DocHollomon

first trestle with printed paper jig. it's ok, but when you have to make 6 or 8 a solid jig would save time and keep them all looking the same like the rail road would have built them.
  7. DocHollomon

I'm a designer, using Autocad and SolidWorks feel free to contact me about projects. If I can help i'll be glad to.
  8. DocHollomon

FIRST JIG model. for tall trest....
  9. DocHollomon

Currently working on a HO scale trestle jig, if anyone would like to 3d print it.
  10. DocHollomon

Going to N scale ?

your gonna need some 5x glasses, Im sure you knew that. But I wish you well. Always do what you think is right. I take my hay off to the N-scale folks. some nice n-scale layouts out there. GO FOR IT!!!!
  11. DocHollomon

3D Models for laying out your layout

Question for the group. ( goldengatehobby ) anyone bought anything from these folks?. ( ETSY )
  12. DocHollomon

inside helix complete
  13. DocHollomon

I build mine for me, HANG THE CRITICS. This is supposed to be fun right ?? not to say it's not all HO scale, .03125 aint gonna hurt my challenges is all engines and rolling stock must stay on the track. my grades are over the limit but only on the down slope. so banking the turns is a must. I...
  14. DocHollomon

I use cad to minimize mistakes before they happen. Understand I use it all day, with my job. so it's second nature. helps me not over buy materials also cuts down on waste.
  15. DocHollomon

Progress so far, not going for pretty. Function not fashion. helix hidden behind the mountain, with 2 sided access plus a center hole. laying track. test test test. before you add next lvl. you don't want to be pulling platforms down to align tracks. i test with my best a worst rolling...
  16. DocHollomon

Package was labeled HO :(
  17. DocHollomon

Any N scalers out there. I have 2 buildings I'd like to get rid of. Cheap. make me an offer. https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/NomollohPriMod/tools/listings/1259371652
  18. DocHollomon

attached is a printable 1=1 short trestle template at ho scale it's about 11' tall. will get out the tall trestle if their is an interest.
  19. DocHollomon

youtube can be a big help with the learning curve just search, for your cad system, I'm sure you'll find a video or 12 lolol

Back