Search results

1. W

Loksound Decoder and cube speaker 8 pin plug

This might help.............from TCS decoder installs website.
  2. W

Worse case scenario? Bachmann goes out of business

I think the Bachmann Spectrum line items are nice for modelers on the upper end of modeling. However, a lot of folks just want trains at reasonable price to run around on a 4' x 8' piece of plywood. Not so concerned with all the fine detail but just trains. A father builds a layout for his son...
  3. W

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

afternoon at all.............. Haven't posted much lately as I have been busy. Working some on a lingering decoder install. And with this blast of spring like weather, I've been back on benchwork in the train room. While the train room and my small work shop area is heated and cooled, the...
  4. W

Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Well..........meeting Santafewillie at the Plano train show was a pleasant surprise. And yes, the best deals were from independent sellers and sellers from the local train clubs. I made a cash offer on a hard to find loco saying to myself, if he takes my low-ball cash offer I'll take it. The...
  5. W

Wiring Sequence for Genesis MT4 6-Pin Plug

Might try this link. Seems like a lot of info here. https://dccwiki.com/6_Pin_DCC_Plug
  6. W

Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

Merry Christmas to all............. I was a little put off by an e-mail I received......"Train Museum". You form your own opinion: By WBAY news staff Published: Dec. 20, 2023 at 5:21 PM EST “The Satanic Temple of Wisconsin is proud to have our Sol Invictus tree displayed among the other...
  7. W

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas. ✝️✝️🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎁🎁
  8. W

What are you buying this Month?

I always liked this paint scheme. The paint on the nose looks great.
  9. W

roundhouse ho rolling stock

33 inch Intermountain wheel sets for older freight cars works for me. Kadee makes some nice replacement trucks for more detail and wheel sets. NMRA gage a must. Truck tuner.......use carefully not to remove too much material.
  10. W

When I lived in Dallas, there was a Pizza Hut near my home that had a great "thin crust" pizza. Their thin crust was to me a "normal crust", not real thin. However their "deep dish" pizza was what I called deep crust. The toppings were no more than the regular thin crust bot plenty of bread. I...
  11. W

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Did I miss something here? I see a boxcar and a gondola car...........no reefer.
  12. W

Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DbA...nnel=Timetable Check out the website for some neat video (from 1961 no less) of the #7 in action. In the mid 1950s I would sometimes go to work with my Dad on Saturdays. He worked in downtown Dallas and it was a special day to see #7 working and going...
  13. W

Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

This from the Babylon Bee...........
  14. W

Hand-brushing with Tru-Color Paint?

Tru-Color offers an air-brush ready paint and a brushable paint. Be sure you get the correct item for your application. Trust me, the air brush ready paint ain't that great for hand-brush application. John
  15. W

How to do marble effect on model buildings and plinth

Several years ago, on another forum, a member there wanted a marbled building front under some windows and panels on some rectangular columns. He went and took photos of a building that had the actual marble he was wanted to model, taking a small bunch of photos of the marble panels there. He...
  16. W

Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

I haven't posted lately as I have been busy working in my train room. Mainly working on west end of layout where my helix is and laying out track to fit. I have a lower level (staging) a main level and an upper level. Staging and helix are 98% complete but now I have track work around the...
  17. W

Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

If you are going to Houston, not far down the road is the Railroad Museum in Galveston Texas. Also the three masted sailing ship Elissa is in Galveston area.
  18. W

At $21.00 this is a great buy. Now $28.95............not so great. John
  19. W

Love the price tag. Of all places I have bought model trains, I don't think any ever came from "Housewares/Collectibles".......well collectibles maybe, never housewares. 😁😁 John
  20. W

Need Information on Properly Wiring My Layout

Just food for thought.......... Most wiring books suggest 14 ga as bus wire (stranded) and 18 to 22 ga for feeders. For me, I use 12 ga stranded pure copper ( not copper clad ) for main bus and 18 ga solid for feeders. But my layout is three levels in some areas and is 14'-9 x 36'-0. For the...

Back