Search results

1. B

Are there any O deer that are a little “small”???

Hi, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m actually an “S”-scale modeler who, like most “S”-scale modelers, will borrow from other scales when applicable. I’m currently constructing a CJ-3A for my “S”-scale layout and was hoping to strap a deer to the hood of this vehicle...
  2. B

Are there HO deer that are a-little “big”

Hi, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m actually an “S”-scale modeler who, like most “S”-scale modelers, will borrow from other scales when applicable. I’m currently constructing a CJ-3A for my “S”-scale layout and was hoping to strap a deer to the hood of this vehicle...
  3. B

Anyone make HO Triple Crown trailers/bogies???

Thank you jbaakko, those look perfect. I’m going to call my local hobby shop today and see if he can order three of these(I like to give business to the small hobby shops), if they can’t I’ll order it online…
  4. B

Anyone make HO Triple Crown trailers/bogies???

I recently discovered a really neat rail sprayer, called ‘RAILMAX’ and am attempting to determine the feasibility of building this model in ‘S’ scale. The ‘RAILMAX’ sprayer seems to be passed around a highrail truck pulling four highrail trailers that appear to be early model Norfolk Southern...
  5. B

How to make an accurate military railroading operation….

Hi Jim, I’m actually an S-scaler (1:64) and merely hang out on the HO forum because I keep kicking around the idea of joining one of the local HO clubs (you guys run more often) and because there are many more of you (and thus more people to help me when I get stuck while researching a...
  6. B

Coal mine Railroad (in progress)

Ships for your layout... I think you have some really neat ideas for your layout, especially the one about setting it in late winter (especially if you’re going to include some patches on snow on the ground). I personally have wanted to construct a snowbound layout/module set along one of BN’s...
  7. B

How to make an accurate military railroading operation….

I’m wondering if it’s possible to set up an accurate point to point military operation on a model railroad. After having seen quite a few pictures of DODX (Department of Defense Railroad) equipment on Burlington Northern and BNSF, I’ve begun to consider constructing several DODX flatcars...
  8. B

my friend's 12x8 layout in progress

I was just glancing through your Flickr photoalbum and stumbled across this picture of two modern diesels both of which have paint schemes I can’t identify. What’s more the one on the right seems to have a paint scheme resembling something I’ve seen on Soviet MIGs...
  9. B

Is there still an interest in “box of sticks” models???

Due to the limited availability of ‘S’-scale equipment, both in kit form and ready-to-run, I’ve found myself building many of the old “box of sticks” wooden models to produce a desired piece of rolling stock. Since there are so few of these kits remaining, and I may want another car of that...
  10. B

Would this strategy to integrate a snowbound module appear realistic?

I just finished work on a module depicting a BN engine refueling facility on one side of the two track main line and a series of row houses and light industry on the other. Like all of the other module I’ve ever seen, the foliage present of this module (what little there was) was set either...
  11. B

One AMAZING HO scale modeler...

Would this strategy to integrate a snowbound module appear realistic? sorry...my thread didn't post correctly...great models though...
  12. B

Opinions on the state of my taconite ore car conversion.

Thank you Dan, here're the links to my best picture and the entire album....on photobucket http://s542.photobucket.com/albums/gg436/BurlingtonNorthern/?action=view&current=TaconiteOreCarProjectPictures005.jpg http://s542.photobucket.com/albums/gg436/BurlingtonNorthern/
  13. B

Thank you…I seem to be unable to post my better pictures due to the fact that they exceed the 400 kb limit on JPEGs. How can I shrink the size of my pictures without destroying their quality???
  14. B

After learning that all BN ‘Lake Superior’ type 70 ton ore cars were equipped with extensions welded to their upper lips which allowed them to carry 70 tons of the lighter taconite, I began attaching similar extensions to several S-helper service ore-cars I’d received for Christmas (...
  15. B

When did railroads begin adding “taconite extensions” to ore cars?

Thanks in part to help I received on this forum, I recently discovered that all of Burlington Northern’s U-27 “Lake Superior” type ore cars had extensions welded to the top of them in order to allow them to carry a greater quantity of taconite, an iron product which is lighter then the ore they...
  16. B

Did BN ever own 24’ Ore Cars-do any of you have pictures???

Jayl1, Thank you…I actually checked out Fallen Flags and somehow missed that picture… Now I have to figure out how to put that raised lip on my cars…
  17. B

Did BN ever own 24’ Ore Cars-do any of you have pictures???

For Christmas I received a set of Burlington Northern 24’ Ore Hoppers and, as with all my models, I went online to get pictures of the prototype so that I might accurately weather these models. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a single picture of a BN 24’ ore hopper on-line or in my...
  18. B

New life for old Athearn Dummies??

A few years ago I saw something really neat done with an ‘S’-scale dummy loco and am sure it could also be done with one of your HO units if you were interested. My brother, a Caterpillar technician, learned that CAT was supplying the engines used in locomotive rebuilds. Realizing this, we...
  19. B

How to create a realistic Amtrak “Rainbow Train”

When Amtrak was first formed in 1971 they lacked the operating capital necessary to repaint the widely varied fleet of passenger equipment they inherited. Thus, from 1971 to about 1980, Amtrak operated “rainbow trains” consisting of a mix of inherited equipment in its original paint scheme...
  20. B

HO scale police vehicles

If you’re looking for any police officers to go with your police cars, Woodland Scenics offers a fine selection of police officers in different poses

Back