Search results

1. afleetcommand

Building a summer focus layout, tore down the winter layout, and some "Rail Fan" Inspiration.

Twice a year we tear it all apart and do something different. THIS year the summer layout will be an attempt to incorporate those Lionel accessories from the 50's. But FIRST need to "fix" something and build a base to work from. This is about the tear down and beginning that conceptualization...
  2. afleetcommand

CSX X409, An Over 800 axle Manifest

The longest I've captured on video for me, AND the busy day provided a few more But a unique catch for this area. With two lead and two DPU Locomotives all under power on this west bound monster of a train.
  3. afleetcommand

Lionel Ballast Tamper Maintenance :)

Got one for a present "mew in the box", needed a little help :)
  4. afleetcommand

CSX Manifests on the Mohawk Sud Around Kirkville & Minoa's Over Head Cross Walk

A focus on manifests. "Creeper" creeps in on track 4 from the east. Passed MP280 Kirkville crossing, I was able to get to Minoa's cross walk for an over head shot before he "creeped" to there :) Had some cool trailing locomotives, and they were ALL running as they went under the cross walk.
  5. afleetcommand

Older Williams, Simple Stuff. Swapping Shells To Get A Pennsylvania SD45

Had this Williams SD45 in Pennsylvania colors. Wouldn't pull but maybe two or three cars. Because it only has one powered truck. With a weight. Pretty useless actually. SO I went about trying to figure out how to make it usefull....
  6. afleetcommand

50 Years Of Lionel ALCO FA's Train Run

Yup all were powered including the Boston & Maine "B" unit
  7. afleetcommand

50 Years Of Lionel ALCO FA's Train Run

What I usually do for relaxation when the camera is OFF, just mix up and build goofy consists with my old Lionel ALCO's. SO turned on the camera for a typical rain/snow evening
  8. afleetcommand

New for me K-Line Trainmaster

Couldn't turn it down for $120 delivered. With the vertical can motors and detail they have.... a LOT of locomotive for that money in my humble opinion.
  9. afleetcommand

Using 60 dollar 20amp Variac as a transformer & K-Line / Lionel spine cars

Kicked around the difference between the two brands spine cars, ran some "scale 0" for a bit and then went home to 027 ALCO's :)
  10. afleetcommand

What are you buying this Month?

Went to an Olin Auction & Picked up a couple of things, one for way too much and the other "OK", but was seduced by the shear volume of stuff and wanted to come home with SOMETHING! So ended up with a set of four MTH NYC Madison Passenger cars & a William RDC Budd Car
  11. afleetcommand

Williams Alco PA1 Powered ( geared ) 6 wheel Truck Assembly 330-04-01B

That's kind of where I'm going, looks like the MTH might match up with the base of the can motor
  12. afleetcommand

Might make a project of it, try to blend a Lionel truck or use the machine shop capability in my saw shop to blend a dummy truck with the powered truck parts
  13. afleetcommand

Bachmann has a nice web site & parts diagram with virtually no parts! Have a almost complete Williams ALCO Pa in War Bonnet Santa Fe where I need a powered truck assembly and side plates for it.
  14. afleetcommand

Lionel ALCO Train Run 225 Boston & Maine AND Erie

This is actually an experiment. I video'ed this in 160fps A setting on the Samsung s23 Ultra. Then ran it through "OpenShot" video editor & output in 60fps 4k
  15. afleetcommand

A Lionel Alco FA 232 New Haven Started It All 4 Me, Also 226 B&M & 218 Santa Fe Train Run

A look back to when I was a kid, AND a little Lionel Alco train run time :) A look at the 1962 Catalog & One Of the books I wore out.. :)
  16. afleetcommand

Scale Vs. Fun & Hobby, A Tough Blend To Achieve

Hey I like the stuff (( Lionel Semi Scale & 027 ), it puts a smile on my face & my grand kids as well. If I want to see "real" I go an hour north or right down town :) BUT I have been getting piece by piece a couple of Scale MTH trains & Collecting some of the Williams Scale O as well. They have...
  17. afleetcommand

CSX After Dark, IN a Snow Storm, A Unique EMD/GE Hybrid & 2 SD70MAC's Mixed IN

Behind Tractor Supply in East Syracuse. That would be in the area of CP 285 or Between MP 286 & MP 285 on the CSX Main Line, Syracuse Terminal Sub. One train has EMD SD70MAC 4788 as a DPU and another a SD70MAC 4724 as lead. AND the trailing locomotive on that one is a rare ET23DCM 1715 ( A CSX...
  18. afleetcommand

Scale Vs. Fun & Hobby, A Tough Blend To Achieve

I happen to like the Lionel "Semi Scale" for esoteric reasons. I appreciate the true model railroading types, it's an art form, a skill to the point of specialized craftsmanship to me. Especially those who live it and then model a section of their world. Since I "Rail fan", realize its a tough...

Back