Search results

1. Snowman

So what are you listening to right NOW?

Official video too.
  2. Snowman

Trains.com

I also agree where RMC magazine is concerned, and for the first time in my life I am considering subscribing to one. There's nothing like print in hand--I can read 'em and look at all the pretty pictures in the bathtub. Can't do that with (a desktop) PC. Can't make toast in there either. Not...
  3. Snowman

Sara. Fleetwood Mac.
  4. Snowman

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

If I didn't know better, I'd almost wonder if the handrails atop the cab didn't make this...doodlebug?...a "London bus style 'double-decker?'" Except I actually don't know better, so I'm asking. WAS it an actual double-decker? For passengers?
  5. Snowman

What are you buying this Month?

That really is spectacular. Right down to the cast driver and wheel centers, fitted with (very slightly) wider tyres. There is that clear break if you know what to look for. Counterweights too, but on the opposite side four spokes with threee slightly deeper flanges than around the rest...
  6. Snowman

What are you buying this Month?

Auto parts, and a few auto repair tools. Anti-freeze. Blech. :-C And one golf club iron head, so I can make a decision about which set to build for myself. It'll be my last cutting edge set, as with the last great bump-skis I bought about eight years back (before I destroyed my left...
  7. Snowman

Worldwide Pixel Shortage Looming

At the risk of wasting a few of the already mined pixels, I'll just say "brilliant." ;D Therefore I formally declare: "You won the internet for April first." I will point out we do have a backup/emergency substitute. Glitter. Sometimes described as the "Herpes of Arts and Crafts." Once...
  8. Snowman

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Seems like the right day for this one:
  9. Snowman

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

And I'm thinkin'..."Et tu, Batman? Et tu?" Well no, of course not! The Dynamic Duo are on the right side...and on the right side of justice too...<cough>.... Louie the Lilac gets his comuppance. And thus: All is set right with the world again. Works for me. :D
  10. Snowman

Which brings up THIS one, from yesterday:
  11. Snowman

So...early morning, and I sometimes do...while sipping tea...watch "Batman." The '66 series, with Adam West--the spoof/sendup comedy series version. Julie Newmar (Rowrr!) and Lee Meriwether before her (also Rowrr!)...and we have the villain "Louie the Lilac." Well respected comedian Milton...
  12. Snowman

When I look at yer pics, Willie (post #1,780) , the Aussie band "Men at Work" comes to mind.
  13. Snowman

Unless I'm mistaken this is an Athearn "Hustler" Cab...and a Hustler calf...which is certainly the first and only time I've ever seen such a calf. Just brilliant thinking, the calf! So what's next? A Hustler slug? :D
  14. Snowman

3D printed flat car with a pipe load

Well, I'll say it seems to be very well printed (which cannot always be taken for granted). You also say it tracks really well too, which implies--at least to me--that it's hollow, or keeps the weight low. All good. As far as the print design itself, I'll point out only a couple improvements...
  15. Snowman

balast options

A N-scaler I know has used this with some success: https://www.homedepot.com/hdus/en_US/DTCCOM/HomePage/Brand_Pages/Custom_Building_Products/Docs/Grout_Card.pdf
  16. Snowman

Aha. Didn't see this but Billy Joel is what I need too. From the days when the rocks were still soft, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, and when tunnel motors were the latest thing. Billy Joel's own favorite Billy Joel song:
  17. Snowman

Yippee! So it's Pizza Friday after all. I was going to have a Caesar salad, but when I thought about crawling underneath the BMW after dinner, I decided it's SAFEST to go with plan B instead. Deep dish too, and not a flattened cracker crust. Must...ward...off...any...evil...omens. Safety...
  18. Snowman

Chris's little layouts

I'll hazard a guess your new road's signature name train is "The California Eagle."
  19. Snowman

"...about a half an hour south of me...". Or maybe not. It might even be six or seven hours south of you for the next day or two. Just sayin'. :p

Back