Search results

1. IAinterState

Converting DC engines to DCC?

I looked around a bit and have decided I might be able to save myself some time. Can anyone direct me to a link or site that shows how to install decoders to my old DC trains to convert them to DCC? I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks guys!
  2. IAinterState

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

USAF 1987-91 Full tour at K.I. Sawyer AFB, Michigan after basic and Fire Fighter training at Chanute AFB, Illinois. Extended six extra months for base support duty because Desert Storm kicked off about 5 weeks before I was due to get out. I salute all of my fellow veterans here and everywhere...
  3. IAinterState

Made in America?

That's why I like to spend it on train stuff made in North America!:cool:
  4. IAinterState

Made in America?

HERE!HERE! BRAVO!!! The truth be known! :D:D:D
  5. IAinterState

Made in America?

If not stickers, then have it painted on the packaging with the logo. If walmart didn't exist and there is a demand for your product, it will still sell. Other stores would stock it and I assume already do. I would do whatever it takes to pitch the Made in America concept because in my mind, the...
  6. IAinterState

Made in America?

My son went to public school for kindergarten and 1st grade. We(my wife and I) were not impressed with it at all and neither was he. At the end 1st grade he came to us and asked to be home schooled. We prepared and have a certified teachers assistant come in every other week to check progress...
  7. IAinterState

Made in America?

I could live without a Wal-mart. I'm sure a lot of folks could. I'm sure other business owners would like it. And with on-line purchasing, Wal-mart has nothing I can't get somewhere else and usually find higher quality else where. In fact, there's plenty of times that they don't even have what I...
  8. IAinterState

Where do you get project ideas?

Thank you. I wanted to counter the 'green' concept, but didn't know how without stirring up a frowned upon political debate. This may (or may not) make me unpopular, but green is a color, not a lifestyle.
  9. IAinterState

Mining site

More mining and other useful stuff Another site with a ton of info and drawings found in my search for mining sites. Looks to have depots, roundhouses, yard layouts, etc. Should keep me busy for a while and figured I would share.:) http://www.wvrailroads.net/index.php/Category:Scale_Drawings
  10. IAinterState

Where do you get project ideas?

While ideas come from everywhere, the search is constant for inspiration. At a show last year I bought a box of old Model Railroader magazines from the late 60's and early 70's, including complete years of 1967-68. These are great to read to see where the hobby has been and come from. The...
  11. IAinterState

Made in America?

Researching a little more. All of Branchline is made in Connecticut. :) http://www.branchline-trains.com/index.html
  12. IAinterState

Made in America?

And OT there at time and a half would be what? 75 cents an hour. But back to trains. If any one discovers any US/Canadian products for the layout, please continue to post them here.
  13. IAinterState

Made in America?

People?! I believe the PC term is "consumers".
  14. IAinterState

Made in America?

That's almost funny. It's usually the other way, 'assembled in America using foreign parts'. Not train related, but I have a 'Proud to be American' t-shirt that was made in Mexico.
  15. IAinterState

Made in America?

That's actually why I asked. I bought an Athearn box car kit thinking they were still made in CA, but found the Made in China when I got home. If I had the know-how, time and if it was affordable, I'd mold my own cars and just buy couplers and trucks. But that's just another dream.
  16. IAinterState

Made in America?

A curiosity question. Are there any models (engines or rolling stock) made here or Canada anymore? I asked Walthers, but they weren't very forthcoming with an answer. I think AccuRail rolling stock are. Can anyone confirm or know of any others?
  17. IAinterState

Little Rock & Western

Other old Rock Island line. Very Cool! I'm a rail fan of the Iowa Interstate RR that also runs on old Rock Island line. I don't have any video but I can share a photo and a map of the line. Thank you for the video!
  18. IAinterState

Local Hobby Shop Versus Internet

Excellent idea! Maybe not all stores would take the feedback well, but I think many would welcome it and try to do what they could to keep their customers and attract new ones. Also I think it's important to keep the hobby growing. The Worlds Greatest Hobby program and swap meets/train shows are...
  19. IAinterState

Local Hobby Shop Versus Internet

You're very fortunate. My closest LHS is 50 miles away. There's 3 I know of in the city (not counting the Hobbytown USA chain) One has limited hours and the store is very cluttered. Nice enough guy running the place, but the lack of organized shelving can make for frustrating shopping. The...
  20. IAinterState

Mining site

In my search for prototype mining photos I found this site and thought I would share it. Lots of great old pictures. The type of stuff I could study for hours and sometimes do. Enjoy! http://kycoal.homestead.com/KYCoalMines.html

Back