1. G

Ohio Valley - somewhere between Weirton and Wheeling

nice,Happy Fathers Day
  2. G

Ohio Valley - somewhere between Weirton and Wheeling

very nice i like it
  3. G

tips

for the members who might have read Grant L. Graeber,s how-to biuld a propane delivery truck in the January 2022 issue of MR magazine if you should want to build one: the Walthers scene master single axle box truck #949-11291 can be used also be used as the frame is the same as the roll off/on...
  4. G

tips

that video is priceless!!!!!!
  5. G

tips

happy i could inject a little humor into someones life...
  6. G

tips

so you want to be a model railroader:well the first thing to do is to fill one pocket with money then another pocket with marbles,now every time you spend money for a Model Railroad item toss away a marble and after a while when you have spent all your money and lost all your marbles you will be...
  7. G

post your model RR tips........

WD-40 is not a lubricant it is a coating and a cleaner, when used on moving parts it acts as a cutting oil and will cause premature wear on moving parts it will also chase moisture so can be used to clean electrical connections...
  8. G

misbehaving loco

Will do
  9. G

misbehaving loco

No i did not i understood by the instructions it could be used with 1.5 v bulbs i have checked the bulbs several times with a 1.5v battery and they work so its not blowing out the bulbs.
  10. G

misbehaving loco

sometime back i installed a Digitrax DH165AO into an athearn blue box ac4400 borrowing a page from athearn i soldered new contacts opposite the factory same then hooked the board as is done on an athearn genisis the loco runs fine on dcc but the lights dont work i installed athearn 1.5 volt...
  11. G

post your model RR tips........

very good thank you....
  12. G

53ft gondola photos

i guess i should have posted a note but i was able to find a great photo of the actual car and have completed the project it is as accurate as i could get with my meager skills anyway thanks guys...
  13. G

Weathering Rolling Stock, a Continous thread

i am not really into 3-rail but those look great, realism is a plus in any scale
  14. G

your gons look great nice work
  15. G

well Tom don,t feel to bad i live not to far from the UP line that runs through Salina,Ks,Abilene and on over to Topeka east and for 3 months there was a string of new CHTT 50ft trinity gons on a storage track west of us and then i got a wild hair and decided to redecorate a walthers mainline...
  16. G

This didn't work well

scenery fixative like weathering is not a one size fits all i have used everything but hairspray but only because it goes everywhere i have used a truckload of white glue dilluted 50/50 and it seems to work well wetting the area down with a wetting agent help the mixture settle in either water...
  17. G

thanks guys for the info on the bearings
  18. G

oh,and those pulpwood cars look great
  19. G

does anyone know what the blue paint on the bearings signify i have seen this on a number of cars and have painted the bearing on both ends to be realistic

Back