Search results

1. kbkchooch

Cheap lighting connector for DCC

I've just finished a total rehabbing of a friends brass GP15. One of his pet peeves,(and mine too) is the look of a nuclear reaction in the cab of a loco (think Athearn Blue Box headlight) . One of the easiest ways around it is to install an LED inside of a tube inside the roof of the cab...
  2. kbkchooch

Wpf 12/14--12/20

Its been ages since I kicked one of these off... Lets see.....like this?
  3. kbkchooch

Wpf, 11/8 - 11/14

Wow, skipped a week? What, everybody sleeping??:rolleyes: I must admit, I've been a bit lax myself but, The latest creature from the erecting shop. About 2 years ago, my friend Charlie was getting up in age and decided to dispose of his collection. After purchasing a brass C&O 2-8-4 Kanawha...
  4. kbkchooch

Anybody going to Timonium this weekend??

Anybody going to the Timonium show this weekend?:confused: (10/26 & 27) Rumor has it they will have a record 22 layouts running to see! Maybe get a few ideas from.:rolleyes: Plus of course, tons of tables of goodies. I'll be there , one of my customers is planning to run a trio of engines I...
  5. kbkchooch

Handrail help needed!

I'm building a GP9B for a friend. Cab removal and body & paint are done, but now I'm looking at the handrails. Without a cab, the P2K handrails are useless for the sides, even though they still work on the ends. Aftermarket stanchions so far are, 1) Athearn, easy to work with, look horrible...
  6. kbkchooch

Moving

Just how do you move an engine 6000 Kilometers? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBozymv2QrU Interesting!;)
  7. kbkchooch

WPF Nov 23 - Nov 30

Just playing with the new camera as 504 was leaving the shop after a little PM visit. :D
  8. kbkchooch

Recommendations for a planning program?

Gang, Who can recommend a track planning program that is almost idiot proof?? I've got a basic track plan drawn out with colored pencils and a 1 inch = 1 foot drawing (big paper!). However with grades to be considered, sidings to plan, industries to place, etc, etc, I know its time to get...
  9. kbkchooch

Maryland CSX derailment

Just after midnight this morning a CSX coal train derailed in downtown Ellicott City MD, some cars falling 20 feet to the street below. Unfortunately, 2 19 year old girls were on the bridge and sadly lost their lives...
  10. kbkchooch

Pretty sound decoder?

Ever have a sound decoder that just turned out,,,um,, pretty? Just put a pair of Tsunami's in 2 BL2's. No unruly wires, nothing dragging on the mechanism, speaker hidden nicely and I sounds great. Mr Murphy musta taken the day of!!:rolleyes:
  11. kbkchooch

Wpf 5/26-6/1

Ok, I'm not bashful, I'll get things started!:D
  12. kbkchooch

Plywood scenery may be hazardous ........

Yes, you read it right! Plywood scenery may be hazardous to your health. At least according to the labeling I recently found on some plywood from Lowes. They took away our Vermiculite containing asbestos, oil paints, glues that smelled awesome, and now plywood?? What next...
  13. kbkchooch

A little disappointed with Soundtraxx

I'm a little disappointed with how Soundtraxx handles potential warranty issues. :mad: I purchased several sound decoders this year, from my LHS and one by one, have been doing the millwork on the chassis of several Proto GP9's. I started the last one at the end of summer, purchasing the...
  14. kbkchooch

Lima Alco C420

Anyone have any real experience with these? I just got one (cheap!) and am thinking about a total detail and paint rehab, but are they good runners over the long run? This one runs quiet, seems very smooth, but I have no Idea how good the mechanisms?:confused: Any experience?:confused: also...
  15. kbkchooch

Athearns new release!

GP38-2's! I want several, 88 inch nose, large fuel tank, extended range dynamics, Blomberg B trucks,ditch lights,a/c unit, and a Sinclair antenna without a ground plane. Got it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5F7TnnHA4
  16. kbkchooch

Wpf 1/20-1/26 2012

We'll start off this week, Vintage Mantua B&O P7E Pacific, rebuilt, remotored and with sound pauses with it's consist breifly for a station stop.
  17. kbkchooch

Wpf 12/30/11 - 1/5/12

Here we go again! Midland F-units, earning thier keep!:D
  18. kbkchooch

Wpf 12/16 - 12/22

Ok gang, I'll start us off this week! Midland F units with a stockholder special.
  19. kbkchooch

What's your favorite stripper???

Now before your minds fall to the gutter, I mean paint stripper!!!:eek::rolleyes: Years ago, I started using brake fluid, but after a few overly soaked shells had issues, I started using Chameleon and have used it exclusivly since, but alas, there is no more. They have gone out of...
  20. kbkchooch

Weekly Photo Fun, 1/7/11 thru 1/13/11

All, Please allow me to kick off the next round of photos. A pair of Western Maryland 2-8-0's simmering in the summer of 1955, awaiting orders. The models are mine, the scene is on Bob Mott's modules, on the FCSME modular layout. Black and white looks cool on steamers, doesn't it?

Back