Search results

1. P

Deleted / irrelivent to trains

Changed my mind on this thread
  2. P

What is the diff between Bachmann E-Z Track colors ?

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between gray ballasted and black ballasted Bmann EZ track ? Is the black is code 100 and the gray code 83 ? Also, is the gray steel rail ?
  3. P

Tip for Sectional-Track visual improvement

Sectional track has the extra webbing between the first tie and the second tie in, on both ends..This lends an unrealistic boxy look to the ties on the ends of each section after track is in place... Take a blade and slice off the end ties of each section plus the connective plastic to the 2nd...
  4. P

"the world's most useful model railway"

Hi ! Stop there ! Don't go bonkers thinking I've entered this in the wrong category ! This particular video on YouTube is not aimed at the hobbyist. It shows a teaching system for both 1:1 scale workers and or for visitors, schools, interested in how railroads did and do function in...
  5. P

Peco LK 55 Turntable question

Hi. What is meant by "no ramp" in ads for the Peco LK55 HO/OO turntable ? Pics show entire kit. So, what 'ramp' is it that's not included ? In case it pertains, my approach track or TT radial-tracks will bear no shouldered ballast. Thanks.
  6. P

Literally Blown Away !

I went to one of the best train watching spots in Los Angeles a few days back..Due to 2 tracks crossing a major street (Main St) it seems as if UP times trains in and out of the intermodal yard near by to be at night (not 100% sure of that).. Well, there I was.. A train was nesting on the siding...
  7. P

Remaining signed in now....

Hi again. Don't know exactly what ameliorated the problem..I'm finally remaining signed in after complaining I wasn't, after having done a system-reset / powerwash on my PC. Same for 2-3 other bookmarks / sites, as well !! Maybe it just takes time for either the device itself or the 'cloud' to...
  8. P

Why do I have to log in now ?

Hi. I recently did a 'powerwash'/system reset on my PC for another problem..It did fix that problem, but now on this forum site and a few others I now have to log in / sign in every day, whereas prior to the reset if I didn't logout I was still logged in the next day. IE. All I had to do was...
  9. P

My Customizing bar is working again !

Hi What I did was suck it up and do a Powerwash / System reset on my Chromebook !! It worked !! What it didn't do though is stop the intrusion in my YouTube news shows of an inset in corner of a person silently talking to someone/audience having nothing to do with the dialog on the show...It's...
  10. P

2 Chomebook PC problems/questions

Hi, I hope I've entered this in correct category: I have 2 things occurring that perhaps one of you computer savvy guys or gals might know what to do about: 1) Directly above this is the customizing box with: 'bold, italics, underline, colors, smiles, etc.' in it...But instead of those being...
  11. P

Powered Diamond Frogs ?

Hi, Far as I can tell there are no commercial diamonds (crossings) with insulated powered frogs..But, can/do hand-layers build them with powered frogs ? I realize diamonds are more complex than switches (TOs) to build and so accept that there are none in existence... I was just wondering whether...

Back