Search results

1. OBTC 1909

Having some fun

Wasn't sure where to post this, so hope it's ok in the General Discussion forum. Today, Ken was: A. Bored B. Curious about using Ox-Gard (No-Ox) on track C. Wanting to run some trains So, I assembled an almost 4x8 layout on the floor of my computer/hobby room with EZ track. I got a bunch of my...
  2. OBTC 1909

Printing decals

Do any of you print your own decals? I know it can be done, but wondered about the quality and durability compared to commercially made decals.
  3. OBTC 1909

Help with Bachmann 4-4-0

Because focus isn't a thing for me, I have several different areas I'm wanting to dive into. One of these is the desire to decal and fix one problem with my Bachmann 4-4-0 (Bachmann item number 80101). The problem I need to fix is that the wires that run between the tender and the locomotive...
  4. OBTC 1909

Easy kits

Hi gang, I've always been terrible at building models, but want to get better at it. I would like to find some reasonably easy kits to start out with to build up my skills and confidence. Do you guys have any building kits you would recommend for a newbie? I'm thinking about buildings like...
  5. OBTC 1909

Using Arduino on a layout

I'm a geeky kinda guy and love the idea of controlling various things on a layout via an Arduino or Raspberry Pi. I've seen lots of tutorials on creating various signalling setups with an Arduino, but what all of these tutorials lacked was showing how to actually put this stuff into use. In...
  6. OBTC 1909

Decorations (for now)

Putting my home office area back together after all the remodeling work. Put these two GP38-2's up on the bookshelf for now until I have somewhere to run them. Also pictured is my grandpa's Illinois Central railroad pocket watch. It has a fob attached to it that a Suggestion Achievement Award he...
  7. OBTC 1909

Old stuff

A friend recently gave me some old HO stuff from his childhood. The stuff included Mantua-Tyco and AHM stuff and other parts and pieces Pics below.
  8. OBTC 1909

Hello!

Hello all! My name is Ken and I live in southern Illinois. My username is an ode to a small railroad called the Oil Belt Traction Company that started in my county back in 1909. It was unsuccessful, but it still has a place in my heart for originating right here. I currently do not have a train...

Back