Search results

1. AirbrushNo5

Scrap Load

I’ve been building a couple armour kits recently so not too much extra train time, but I did do another gondola load from spare parts…including a German 3.7cm AA gun that I inadvertently knocked off the shelf to its demise on the the workshop floor.. Still in the weathering process
  2. AirbrushNo5

Rust never sleeps…

After finishing the tank car, I decided to hit my scrap piles with some rust pigments from Mig Ammo and AK.. Also started the gondola loads (Golden West on the left in the bottom pic) Before and after pics…
  3. AirbrushNo5

Procor GP20 Tank Car

Hot off the press… This Rapido car was given super dilute fade of Tamiya Flat White \ X-20A and then a oil wash of Van Dyck Brown and blue label Turpenoid…some of the Turpenoid seeped into the end seams and came out as I was applying some Mig Ammo Track Rust pigment on the upper area of the...
  4. AirbrushNo5

Source for HO hazardous material decals

Anyone have a decent source for these?
  5. AirbrushNo5

Tangent 86’ boxcar

Did this car last week over 3 days…fade/oils/grime…before pic
  6. AirbrushNo5

Weathered 3 Rio Grande gons…

Started these 3 Intermountain gons yesterday AM…finished this AM… did them all at the same time for continuity...about 3 hours total work…. Plus an hour scouring the floor for a lost truck screw..found it O
  7. AirbrushNo5

Western Pacific

Started this car this AM…about 2 hours invested in it…b4 pic…
  8. AirbrushNo5

Con-Cor Rehab

Popped this apart today…some acetate windows were off and smokestack broken…
  9. AirbrushNo5

Took a trip back to Nov 2021

About that time I tore down the HO and N ovals I had up and started a HO only 52” x 8’ double oval…
  10. AirbrushNo5

First Weathering Project of 2024

An Athearn (I think - it never had a box) D&RGW 40’ boxcar… Just a couple hours spent on this…no insanity… B4 and after pics
  11. AirbrushNo5

Tread Marks

Last year I tipped over a bottle of paint in the scrapyard under the front end loader… I cleaned most of it up but it didn’t look right so I repainted the concrete and added more oil stains.. Today I took some Van Dyck Brown + Lamp Black oil paint added more stains and painted the wheel treads...
  12. AirbrushNo5

55 Gallon Drums

I ordered these in December from a eBay seller in China…around $5 for 10…they arrived today 3D printed..they meet my expectations for drums… hit them with a coat of Tamiya Flat Black with some Clear Gloss mixed in Painted up… a couple have chipped rims…no big deal
  13. AirbrushNo5

Looking to next year

Maybe the first project of 2024…we will see I have 6 of these coal hoppers
  14. AirbrushNo5

Oxford Chevy Corvair arrived today…

As a kid, my friend’s dad had a blue Corvair… my dad wasn’t impressed.
  15. AirbrushNo5

Doubleheader…

I got these Roundhouse cars cuz I like the FEC logo… Anyway light/moderate weathering on both
  16. AirbrushNo5

Got a landscaping crew in today…

This summer I went to the east coast…. At the beach I got a bag of fine sand with the intention of using to fill in some of the bald spots on the layout… Wet it’s a bit on the red side, but dry (2nd pic drying) it’s more blonde…I may have to airbrush mist it with some Deck Tan or Desert...
  17. AirbrushNo5

Took a relaxing break in the form of

This Athearn? FMC boxcar… I picked it up without a box… Started this AM… Tamiya XF-86 flat coat… thinned Tamiya Flat White fade coat…. Rustoleum Clear Flat… W&N Raw Umber + Van Dyck Brown oil washes… Tamiya grime mix here and there…. sealed with Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish spray can Before and...
  18. AirbrushNo5

For those that like to weather….

Happy Halloween….!
  19. AirbrushNo5

Walthers 59’ Logimex Covered Hopper …

A bit more work on this one than I usually invest on a project..
  20. AirbrushNo5

Walthers Intermodal 40’ Thrall car …quick and easy..

I am still working on painting the containers (CMA CGM / China Shipping) for this one… But it’s 99% done..maybe some more top sill grime and scratches Before and after pics

Back