Search results

1. jtudor

Interesting Load

Here is an interesting load, I would love to see a train like this come through here. http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_1da8da82-b100-537c-8694-db0e6457140b.html
  2. jtudor

Steam returns to Southern (OK Norfolk Southern)!!!

Norfolk Southern announced yesterday they are going back into the Steam business, and quickly too: http://www.nscorp.com/nscportal/nscorp/Media/News%20Releases/2010/steam-to-ride-the-NS-rails-again.html This is outstanding news, I have been so jealous of those who live in the western US and...
  3. jtudor

Boy Scout 100th Anniversary train set

A co-worker left me a Lionel catalog on my desk last week which included a set they are selling for the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts in America, which occurs next year. Of course it's in O scale, but it would be a great thing for a Boy Scout leader who is also a Model Railroader to have...
  4. jtudor

Oddball GG-1

I was in one of my local hobby shops yesterday and found this interesting GG-1. I know that at least part of the Great Northern was electrified, but did they ever run a GG-1? I cannot find anything online to document this as prototypical.
  5. jtudor

Railroad Model Craftsman - April Issue??

Does anyone know what is going on with Railroad Model Craftsman? If memory serves me right, they usually hit the newsstand about the same time an Model Railroader. The April issue of MR has been out for over two weeks, maybe even three, and still no RMC?? Even the website still shows the...
  6. jtudor

Roundhouse Boxcars

I recently bought a pair of Roundhouse reefer boxcar kits at a local train show. When I got around to building them both of them did not have the screws to attach couplers and trucks. Was this normal with Roundhouse kits? The instructions did say what size screw to use, so I was able to buy...
  7. jtudor

Looking for hardware

Does anyone know where to find an assortment of screws and nuts similar to this one: http://www.micromark.com/MICRO-SCREW-ASSORTMENT-10-SIZES-100-EACH,8545.html This one is from Micromark, but it is screws only, no nuts. They don't seem to have an assortment of both.
  8. jtudor

Revell Big boy paint

It's model related, but it will be a stationary model. My wife got me the Revell Plastic model for the 4-8-8-4 Big boy for Christmas. I haven't started building it yet because I am having a problem finding the paint. Revell does not say what manufacturers baint names or numbers are used in the...
  9. jtudor

Other forums??

I don't know if this sort of question is taboo here, so please forgive me if this is out of line and mod's please delete if I am violating forum rules. Does anyone know what happened to another popular MR forum? I won't mention by name to avoid maybe breaking a rule. When I went to visit...
  10. jtudor

Installing lights in locomotives

I am working on some of my older locomotives, putting in DCC, cleaning them up, and lubricating. I also decided to put in some new lighting, and Purchased some new grain of wheat bulbs to install. How do you guys mount new bulbs in a locomotive when installing new lighting?
  11. jtudor

Looking for a replacement motor

Brought this old AHM GP-18 out the other day and the motor is not running well. It will run for 2 or 3 seconds then quit. Does anyone know of a good way to repower this loco? I have done some searching, with no good results.
  12. jtudor

Looking fror Ideas

After a 20 some year hiatus, I am starting back in the hobby and am looking for a good layout plan. I have a 4 x 16 table that I built over 25 years ago for the layout, in my garage. I have already put a double thickness of foam wallboard on top of the chipcore board on the table top. Now...
  13. jtudor

Tie Car - MOW

Found this in Mooresville NC today, on a siding that used to be a main line. Marked on the side "Crosstie Loading Only"
  14. jtudor

Looking for comments

Anyone got comments on this sale from EBay? http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-LOT-SOUTHERN-PACIFIC-4-6-2-STEAM-ENGINE-CARS-SET_W0QQitemZ260313525860QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item260313525860&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting...
  15. jtudor

Putting a decoder in an older Loco

I am putting a decoder in an older Bachmann GP-18. I have the decoder installed and working but have one question about lighting. The decoder has an output for front and rear light, but currently the loco only has one light. If I wanted the light to stay on all the time, would I connect both...

Back