Search results

1. jayl1

latest steam rumors

From the TO post - Aren't the FT and E8 heading to Spencer, NC (museum) for the Streamliner showcase special this weekend?? There are supposed to be about 25 E and F units there as well as N&W 611.
  2. jayl1

Business Practice

Considering the amount of that seller's sales, I doubt anything will actually be done. eBay has become the venue for the BIG seller, not the little guy.
  3. jayl1

Business Practice

Isn't against eBay's rules to contact a buyer who gives a low rating? How did the seller know it was you? That is also supposed to be a secret - but then with eBay changing rules whenever they feel like it - I guess that is understandable. Hopefully you didn't change your feedback. Just...
  4. jayl1

Train Spotting - UP in the NE???

The Reading & Northern (in Pennsylvania) purchased quite a few ex-Union Pacific SD40-2s and SD50s. They were running in the yellow paint until repainted into R&N colors. The ones the OP posted could be sold or leased to that railroad. Larry's Truck & Electric (reseller) in Ohio had some...
  5. jayl1

Help! Many brass engines plus houses and boxcars etc

Try www.brasstrains.com - Dan Glasure's website. His prices are retail so expect less. That might give you an idea of some pricing.
  6. jayl1

Something and someone new:

I wonder if an established company is behind this.
  7. jayl1

Spring Training Has Begun!

I live 20 minutes from the Phillies & Blue Jay's class A (Florida Sate League) teams. They are fun to watch and very reasonably priced and I usually attend about 20 games a year between the two teams. Of course the Phils & Jays are also here right now - want to pay top major league ticket...
  8. jayl1

Triple Decker in Richmond

There is also a shot of three steam locomotives at this location photographed years ago. Anyone have a photo (or post card)??
  9. jayl1

HO Farm Equipment

Didn't Boley make some farm vehicles in HO?? I know they are out of business but their items show up at swap meets.
  10. jayl1

Where can I find a book or information on repowering a tyco or mantua locomotives

Not a book but you could try www.hoseeker.net. I don't know if that will help you but they do have information on older brands.
  11. jayl1

Best ho coal cars?

What era are you modeling?
  12. jayl1

Georgetown Loop

What is the current power on the Loop?? The last time I was there they had a little AlCo diesel switcher pulling the train. It sounded like it was ready to explode going up the hill. The diesels were at the museum at Golden. If I recall there was a big disagreement between two groups.
  13. jayl1

Has Atlas Ever Released a GP-9 in HO?

Go to - www.atlasrr.com . Click on the search button & type GP9 into the box. It will give you a list of all road names Atlas issued & dates. It looks like they did GP7s but no 9s in HO. They were produced in N gauge though.
  14. jayl1

bli refurbished page

Trainworld in New York was selling the Demo sets for less - $215 including mail!! They are on the layout. They do have an email list of specials.
  15. jayl1

Naming Your Model Railroad

Mine is simple. I (once upon a time) lived in a small town called Laureldale -along the Reading Railroad main line)- thus, "Laureldale Central".
  16. jayl1

Another WTH Ebay Moment

At least the shipping cost is reasonable!
  17. jayl1

Bachmann Supreme H-4 2-6-6-2 articulated

I run on 22" radius. It will work but might also look a bit strange as it turns. 24 or larger is much better. I have a sound unit and a silent unit. I love them both.
  18. jayl1

What is the value of this train?

This was a very old release. It has been discontinued as, I was told, the molds were damaged. This is an accurate model of the Reading I10sa. Some of these were eventually turned into the Reading T-1, a 4-8-4 of which 4 survive today.
  19. jayl1

Athearn/Horizon Hobby is Squeezing the Life out of Brick & Mortar

When Athearn changed over to Horizon, I also had to go through the credit re-check since I was an LLC too. As for attitude, the Horizon representative told me flat out that I "should feel honored that Horizon will deal with you". That attitude seemed to be the feeling of the other shops in my...
  20. jayl1

Lionel HO GP-9 "GM 50" Chessie / B&O

Getting parts for older Bachmann items is practically impossible from the factory (and some parts for new runs are hard to get too!!). The best source would be to buy a similar unit for the parts but they would be the same quality. Personally I would stay away from the old Lionel engines...

Back