Search results

1. M

Give up

OK! that's it! I give up. I recently tried several times to post some pictures. Today I tried several times and in several different formats, to post an article I found. What does INVALID FILE mean??? I'm beginning to get a complex! I will just continue to lurk in the shadows. Mac
  2. M

New on here from the UK

Your Pic's Thanks for the pictures. Wow you've got a lot of good stuff going on. Well done. If you think that you might, in the future "finish" your layout???? Dream on. It will be a "work in progress" for ever. Mac
  3. M

New on here from the UK

New from England Hi James and Sons. You can't be doing it wrong if you're having fun, perhaps the correct word would be "creative" What part of England? Welcome on board, some pictures would be nice. Mac
  4. M

Making cheap containers

Cheap containers Hi Guys. Mark I tried to print out one of the containers, for some reason it would not print "landscape" resulting in the one end being cut off. Jim, I printed out a couple of contatainers. The detail is pretty good but I question the fold lines, I couldn't get the ends to...
  5. M

loosing track power and feeders

Loosing power Just my two cents worth. I started out very diligently laying buss lines and connecting every 6' to 8', I also soldered every second section of 3' flex track. I have since become lazy and not been so particular. The only time I experience a "stall" I find the cause to be dirty...
  6. M

Making Styrofoam and Cardboard Buildings

Try Again Sorry guys, just couldn't figure it out. I got my picture info in the "Manage Attachment" box, but from there ????. Mac
  7. M

Making Styrofoam and Cardboard Buildings

Styrofoam buildings This is my first attempt at scratch building. Started with a couple of pieces of 2X4 lumber to create basic shape, got the idea from an old train magazine. Next I cut out 1/32" foam scored it and added the windows that I got from Walthers, (pretty expensive) The lighted...
  8. M

Looking For a Big Boy

Hi Guys. I'm looking for a Big Boy, A Challenger or something along that Line. 2-6-6-2 or 2-8-8-2 you get the picture? Must have DCC with sound. I would like to hear some opinions on the various brands. Bachmann, Athearn, M.T.H, Rivarossi. I have done a bit of research on the net and I am...
  9. M

I've been Busy Today.

Been Busy Todat. Larry. I believe they are just something you dreamed up to keep you off the streets for a few hours. I'm sure you have a good explanation but I don't have a clue. Can't wait for the answer. Good luck with them. Mac
  10. M

Eureka Models NSWR AD60 Beyer Garratt - Video

Garretts Hi Colin. Just a small point, all of South African, and in fact Southern African railways run on 3' 6" gauge. Come to think of it, the 3' 6" gauge runs all the way up to Dar Es Salam on the east coast, also through the Congo to Lobito Bay on the west coast. Now I am getting out of...
  11. M

Magnetic decouplers vs manual.

Magnetic uncoupling I haven't had a lot of luck with magnetic uncoupling, but then, I haven't really taken the time to do it right. One thing I don't understand is the difference between delayed and non delayed magnet uncoupling. Mac
  12. M

Good Deal?

Good Deal Chad. Which decoders?? Mac
  13. M

Mantua 2-6-6-2

Thanks for the input gentlemen! Doug, thanks for your detailed critique, based on that, I will opt not to buy. Mac
  14. M

ok i tested my new big boy and....

Big Boy test OK!! so you tested your Big Boy and you got all excited?? I would also get excited. I have hankered after one of those babies for quite some time. Tell me more, like brand name, price, what type of decoder etc., etc., I am interested in a decent running steamer but I don't want...
  15. M

Mantua 2-6-6-2

Hi All. Does anyone have an opinion about a Model Power Mantua 2-6-6-2? Seems pretty low cost? I have a Model Power 4-6-2 and it is a pretty bad runner, it only moves when the throttle is turned quite a way up, then it takes off at speed and doesn't like to run at low speed. I think it's...
  16. M

Eureka Models NSWR AD60 Beyer Garratt - Video

Beyer Garrett I grew up with those babies in Rhodesia. For those of you that are not familiar with the Garrett, the large water tender in front is necessary to make the long runs between water stops in Africa and Australia. They are still in limited use now in what is now called Zimbabwe, they...
  17. M

Dream City Railway

Hi Roy. You've got some fantastic stuff there. Would love to know more about you and your love affair with model trains. Is that Hornby?? Is that UK and location?? Mac
  18. M

Epic Trespassing

Tresspassing The man must be some sort of an IDIOT Mac
  19. M

Changing plastic wheels

Wheels Hi again. Ignore my last rant! I found what I needed, all I had to do was type Reboox wheel sets and! bingo. Mac
  20. M

Changing plastic wheels

Wheels I got my hands on a box of wheels and found that there are three different axle lengths? .940" 1.000" and 1.025". Each of these sizes were in different plastic bags. All were marked "made in China" These were purchased by a fellow model railroader as a bulk pack. I always thought that...

Back