Search results

1. C

Fast Tracks turn out problems

Nice Photo ;)
  2. C

Alternative to Atlas #4 turnouts

You may want to check the Fast Tracks #4&5 templates, i have the #5's on hand and am ordering today the #4's I sell them for $25 and can work a bit of a discount for 6 or more turnouts. Clint
  3. C

Fast Tracks

I build and sell Fast Tracks turnouts in HO i have a list of turnouts with prices in the wanted to buy/sell section
  4. C

What switch size and brand should I select?

Have you thought about using Fast Tracks, I can build #5,#6 #8's and #10's in code 100,70 and 83 and the price will be about the same as Peco or Shinohara and far better with wood ties and the gaps around the frog are super thin making the gap near invisable and not causing stalling issues. My...
  5. C

question on hand laid turnouts

Thanks Fredrick
  6. C

question on hand laid turnouts

Check out my post in the For sale section, i build Fast Tracks turnouts. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?31438-For-Sale-Ho-Fast-Tracks-Turnouts-CD83-amp-70-Updated-Again i can offer a quantity discounts and can do Code 100,83 and 70
  7. C

Tool kit contents

NMRA Standards gauge Kadee Height gauge for couplers basic knife set with #11 blades, razor saw etc mini screw driver set (radio shack) rail nipper pliers (xuron) 2 sets of Needle files (radio shack, harbor freight etc) 1 set to use on metal, 1 for plastic various size of needle nose pliers...
  8. C

New Yahoo group for buying/selling Trains

up to 75 now
  9. C

looking for layout ideas!

I am about ready to start building my new layout and am looking for ideas, the layout will be built modular style with 2 4x8 sections that will make up the end units and 2 2x8' sections end to end per side to make up the straight sections for a layout 8'x24', the end units will be set up so i...
  10. C

Questions regarding Walthers Double Crossover

Wow walthers is proud of that turnout $89 yikes!! If you haven't bought it yet i can build you a Fast Tracks #5 double crossover for $55 &+shipping in code 70 or 83 Link to full scale track template with gap locations...
  11. C

On board camera view of the layout

The Train club my dad belongs to done in cab video's of there layout as well links on there web site. Coachella Valley Model Railroaders http://www.cvmrr.com/
  12. C

Up to 40 members so far. Thanks guys:D
  13. C

Here you go http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Modeltrainswap/
  14. C

Hey guys just wanted to let you know i started up a new Yahoo group for buying and selling, no rules all scales welcome, did you get tired of a certain "person" with a group with over 4800 members on yahoo with all his crazy rules. Don't want to name names but most probably know who i am...
  15. C

Spray booths.

I have used a simple and cheap booth in the past that i have made and it has worked well, take a large box 20" square or so and buy a mid grade furnace filter that is the same size and duct tape the filter on the end with the arrows pointing away from the box, you will need to tape the flaps...
  16. C

hoist HO layout to ceiling in garage

You could i suppose, just depends on where rafters and other obstacles are located and how much space you have to work in, the system may need to be modified to fit your space, the sketch is just a basic idea of how to make it work.;)
  17. C

Chooch 204s manual switch throw

Your welcome, i buy a bunch from 1stPlace Hobbies and there service is great. Clint
  18. C

hoist HO layout to ceiling in garage

Thanks for the comment, the cables go into his Attic and go into the adjustable eye bolts like the ones in this ebay listing i found, basically from the winch you have one large adjustable eyebolt that 4 cables attach to then you put one of them on each cable so you can adjust all 4 cables as...

Back