Search results

1. grande man

A Look back at the Colorado Midland RR

Artist's rendition of the line to Hagerman Tunnel showing the trestles and snow sheds. This was real mountain railroading! The pic is high enough resolution to blow up nicely for closer study.
  2. grande man

Midland caboose in Buena Vista, Colo
  3. grande man

If anyone is interested in some of the mines the Midland Terminal RR served, check these stunning images out. Cripple Creek Mines (and others)
  4. grande man

Thanks for the info! I hadn't heard of Sam Posey's model railroad but maybe I can track a copy of the MR article down. That would be fun to check out. Sorry your hike didn't work out. The trestle remnants are just timbers in the woods. Most of the ROW is intact and the east portal is open. We...
  5. grande man

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. The Midland is in the running for my future model railroad. We'll see! I'd like to go back out and drive/hike some of the old route and look over what's left of the Cripple Creek mining district. The other railroads in contention for a future model railroad are the...
  6. grande man

The Colorado Midland has been of interest to me since my son and I were in Colorado a few years back and mountain biked to Hagerman Tunnel near Leadville. The tunnel and remnants of the amazing trestles leading to it are all still there in the middle of nowhere. We also saw the caboose on...
  7. grande man

Another John Allen vibe!

More of Bob's amazing modeling/photography...
  8. grande man

Anyone want to make certain areas of your railroad invisible?

Not sure why as they seem to work for me. Try to paste this into your browser. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/invisibility-shield/invisibility-shield
  9. grande man

Locomotive hasn’t run in 30 years, can we start it?

That's pretty cool! Love the pull start, LOL.
  10. grande man

Another John Allen vibe!

Yep, Bob was one of my favorites too. A true talent. Unfortunately, he passed away earlier this year. :( RIP Bob. Bob Boudreau
  11. grande man

Anyone want to make certain areas of your railroad invisible?

There could be some great modeling uses for this technology. Examples could be making a staging yard disappear, using with mirrors to get certain effects, etc. Pretty cool tech!!! Invisibility Technology Available Now
  12. grande man

"put layout name here" my restart in H0 Scale

IMHO, both techniques have their place and I've used both. If I were doing mountain scenery the track would likely be on wood (cookie cutter) with hardshell to form the terrain. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
  13. grande man

Old Signal and Locomotive Pictures in Northeast PA

That's a cool old searchlight. May possibly have been there since the 1920s.
  14. grande man

N Scale Big Boy Ikea Shelf Diorama

Maybe you can visit and see the real thing in action one day. UP 4014 I still remember seeing the Big Boy at Cheyenne, Wyo as a kid. What an impressive machine!
  15. grande man

It sounds like you have a solid plan for future access. As we've all found out, that is very important.
  16. grande man

Looks great so far. What will the curve radius be behind the mountain? Will you be able to access that area if needed?
  17. grande man

Hi there

Welcome aboard! Your modeling looks fantastic. Look forward to seeing your HO project come together.
  18. grande man

If you have an unnamed hobo character on your layout.......

Oh yeah, he should do nicely. 👍
  19. grande man

Show Your Face

Where was the pic taken? I'll guess, maybe Antonito, Colo?

Back