Search results

1. R

Tower 55 ES44AC?

Ken: I ordered the gears and got them in less than 2 weeks. Your instructions were perfect. All 3 of the cracked gears have been replaced & both locos are running great again. Thank you very much for your patience and your willingness to share your expertise. Robert
  2. R

Tower 55 ES44AC?

Once again, MANY thanks! P.S. Your layout is awe-inspiring!
  3. R

Tower 55 ES44AC?

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just ordered 4 gears for my 2 crippled diesels. Since you've recently done this replacement, could you most kindly tell me how you disassembled the loco to get access to that gear? The exploded diagram in the manual isn't very helpful. Many thanks again...
  4. R

Tower 55 ES44AC?

I know the last post in this thread was 3 years ago, but I was wondering if anybody came up with a solution to this "Tower Top Gear" cracking problem? Two of my T55 ES44s just developed this problem within the last week. I really like these locomotives and I don't want to have to trash them...
  5. R

Saskatchewan! cars have arrived from PWRS

Once again, I am soooooo glad I cancelled my pre-order for these after waiting months and months for delivery AFTER the announced availability date had come and gone. No more pre-orders for me; I've gotten off of everybody's lists for pre-order announcements, too. Anyway, so often I find that I...
  6. R

Walthers Dayton Machine Co.

I'm experimenting with using sheet cork cut to the footprint of the building as a "foundation" to raise buildings to the right height. I have the Dayton structure, and I'm planning to just cut out space for the track that will run into the building.
  7. R

using outside dirt on your layout

I've started experimenting with hair spray to affix scenery to my layout, including real dirt, sand, crushed real ballast (bought, not stolen ;) ). Seems to be working great.
  8. R

How Many Hours

Talking about "on average": Longest single session ever: 19 hours straight (including eating while I worked) (6am to 1am next morning). Shortest session ever: walked in the door of the train room and the cell phone rang calling me out of town on a "Mr. Fixit" business trip.
  9. R

Layout Videos

That's it! I'm selling all my HO stuff and gettin' a whole mess of G scale equipment!
  10. R

Layout Videos

I really like the cab-cam approach. To me, the run-by's are mostly an ego trip ("lookit all my rolling stock!") but the cab-perspective videos really give you a sense of the layout. Maybe a combination of the two would be interesting - mixing segments from the engineer's perspective, with...
  11. R

Has anyone ever heard of “Moral Decency” standards for club modules???

As Mark Twain said, "Nothing needs reforming so much as other people's habits." ;)
  12. R

Who moved my Photos?!!!

That may be me - I don't get time to visit this forum but once a week or so, and there have been a lot of interesting threads since I was here last... :o
  13. R

Weather Attempt 5

Wow! Next best think to real. Work like this inspires me to give this a try, but then I hesitate to pull the trigger because I think, "what if ever want to sell this car?" What does weathering do to the value?
  14. R

Chasing Trains on the CIOR

Great signals! Inspires me to get mine installed and working...
  15. R

Examining the New Bachmann On30 Outside Frame 4-4-0

Thanks for the review! I've enjoyed visiting your layout website, too!
  16. R

Platte Valley & Western Model Railroad Club announces Fall 2008 Schedule

The link worked fine for me just now...
  17. R

Athearn RTR Gp38-2

This is something I keep running into -- as I buy newer deisels with better details, the older ones start looking less realistic...
  18. R

To keep or not to keep.

The Q&D answer would be to cut the top off and blend it into the hillside...
  19. R

Found Athearn's KCS Trinity's

Thank you Train Guy!
  20. R

Warehouse Office

Excellent job! Are there enough windows for peope to see in and appreciate your work? :D

Back