Search results

1. RRShutterbug

Searching for needle in a haystack... Can anyone help..?

I have a friend who models O scale and is looking for a marker light for a K-Line Heavyweight Observation car or caboose. Does anyone have any of these? Please email me at hyrail5 (at) hotmail (dot) com. Thanks so much!!! Brian
  2. RRShutterbug

Atlas

I work at a hobby shop in Portland, Oregon and we've been told that due to the relocation of the production facility, first we were told they'd be up and running by August 2012, then November 2012. Now we're being told March or April before they're back on track (pun fully intended). Brian
  3. RRShutterbug

Model train layout in real railroad equipment?

There was a small model railroad club in Chehalis, WA that built their layout in a 40' Milwaukee Road boxcar.
  4. RRShutterbug

Introducing the Olympic Peninsula Railroad

Yes, there is only the one run-around. There just really isn't enough room to put a second one in. I also agree with the outside L giving a feel of distance. I really enjoy standing at the end of the layout (post 2, photo 3) with the tracks at eye-level and watching the train come around the...
  5. RRShutterbug

The shelves are 18" deep. Oh - and the light fixture issue... no can do. I'm renting the apartment. One of the little things I have to live with.
  6. RRShutterbug

the gray building is something I got from my friend Ted who loaned me the structures so not sure who made it. It is plastic, although I can't find any manufacturer info on it. I'm guessing it is a kitbash or scratchbuild of some sort.. The brewery is actually the light colored building in the...
  7. RRShutterbug

Last four views: Pacific Coast Grain export elevator and the yard area. It's two complete tracks with the 3rd being a stub (I am debating on whether or not to connect it in at the other end). Also shown - a stand in building for Matt's Steel Salvage.
  8. RRShutterbug

These views show the industrial area with K&J Brewing, Watkins Packaging (formerly Wolf Bags), Peninsula Cold Storage and a couple other non-rail buildings.
  9. RRShutterbug

Here is the first look at my new layout... the Olympic Peninsula Railroad. It is a freelanced HO scale railroad that is set in western Washington in 1975. The modeled portion of the railroad is Port Townsend. The railroad serves a paper mill, a scrap metal shipper, an export grain elevator, a...
  10. RRShutterbug

Here is the first look at my new layout... the Olympic Peninsula Railroad. It is a freelanced HO scale railroad that is set in western Washington in 1975. The modeled portion of the railroad is Port Townsend. The railroad serves a paper mill, a scrap metal shipper, an export grain elevator, a...
  11. RRShutterbug

Can you identify these engines.

Top one is an Athearn FM Trainmaster, the 2nd looks like an Athean GP9 (actually a GP7) with the top of the shell is on backwards, and the 3rd is same with the cab missing.
  12. RRShutterbug

N Scale Freight Car Wish List

Athearn just announced an SP Bay Window Caboose in N scale.
  13. RRShutterbug

HO Scale Delorean

Fantastic! Now all you need is Doc Brown and a hover-board! :p
  14. RRShutterbug

Introducing the Maytown & Scatter Creek Railroad

It's been awhile since I had a layout and I have switched from HO to N Scale and love it. Here is my new layout.... still under construction. The first three shots are of the Maytown area of the layout. The largest customer, Roseburg Paper Corp., is there. The mill receives paper pulp...
  15. RRShutterbug

BNSF Kodachromes

I saw a couple of C30-7's in the Kodachrome paint that were patched for BNSF, but did not have it done like Jerome's on the longhood. Just the small BNSF lettering by the numbers on the cab. I believe these are long gone now - maybe in Brazil with the others that went.
  16. RRShutterbug

railroad "game"

Did they ever offer an SD30? Or was the SD24 the six-axle offering at the time of the GP30?
  17. RRShutterbug

railroad "game"

I forgot about those... at least the three were built.... The one I was thinking of was the DD40 - none were even built.... The DD40AX was the "modified version" built for UP. Athearn made the DD40 on speculation in HO scale, but no prototypes were ever assembled. I did see one of the...
  18. RRShutterbug

railroad "game"

A. It is on a steam locomotive. It is used by the engineer but I'm not 100% sure what it's function is. Q: Name a locomotive model that was offered in the EMD catalog a number of years back that sold a whopping ZERO units.
  19. RRShutterbug

Wizards in Winter - Model Trains Edition.

This is an AWESOME video. I watched it several times. I especially like the roundhouse scene.
  20. RRShutterbug

Mp15dc

The engines are set up as the hood end being the "front" and the cab being the "rear".

Back