Search results

1. D

My first You Tube video Chicago South Shore GP38-2

I have never posted any stuff on you tube and I just sort of figured out how to do it today. Not the best, but if you are interested, go to you tube and put in Chicago South Shore GP38-2 HO scale and you will see a custom painted gp38 I got from the bay about a year ago. I know that there are...
  2. D

Found, great paint for model rr

It is called Anita's All Purpose acrylic craft paint. This stuff is great. It is waterbase. I brushed it on a DPM kit right from the bottle and it looks air brushed. I have an airbrush and have done several kits with it and this paint(brushed on) lays down just as nice. It comes in lots and lots...
  3. D

AC4400 or SD75 which is longer?

I am guessing that it is the AC4400 but I am not sure.
  4. D

Athearn rtr vs Altas silver series

I have several Atlas silver series locos and they are great. How does the modern Athearn rtr locos compare?Thanks
  5. D

Bach. Spectrum 8-40C noise question

I purchased a new spectrum 8-40c about 2 months ago. It has been a great running and very low noise loco. Anyway I was gone for about a week and I came home the other night, started to use this loco and it makes a loud grinding noise in the front truck(under cab)all of a sudden. It was not moved...
  6. D

Atlas silver/gold vs Kato (modern) HO who's better

I love my Atlas locos but thinking about buying some Kato locos. Looking for some input.Thanks!
  7. D

styrene foundation question

I just finished an HO scale Pikestuff modern day small engine house. I am putting it on one of the side tracks in my yard. I want it to have the finished concrete look inside. I have scraped away the ground covering and the ballast from the track. I want to give the structer that NEW building...
  8. D

Desert scenery tips needed

I have an area on my layout that I want to do in a southern CA look. There is a large desert type layout on ebay right now for sale. The scenery is great.I want to do some of the same type on my layout. I know to start off with a light sand color base coat of paint but any good scenery ideas or...
  9. D

What do you think about MRC Command 2000 dcc

Time has come for me to get into dcc. I will only run 2-3 trains(tops) at one time and I don't need any fancy system. I just need a very BASIC dcc system. I have been looking at the MRC Command 2000 system. I know it is an older system but so far I like what I have read about it. Any input? Thanks
  10. D

I NEED backdrop help!!!

I made the huge mistake of not puting any kind of back drop material around the walls where my layout now buts up to. It is a shelf layout and I am looking for any kind of material that is around 1 to 2 feet tops, in height, and that I can roll out or seam together with as little seams as...
  11. D

What became of the old Museum/Science/Industry Chicago layout

I know that they have built a sweet new HO scale layout but does anyone know where the old O scale layout items went. Rolling stock,structures, etc?
  12. D

Another ditch light question

I have several Atlas silver series diesel locos. As of right now I am using DC. What do I have to do to get the ditch lights to work? Shortly I will be using DCC but for now DC will have to do. I am not the best at wiring/electronics so the easier way the better. One more thing will they be a...
  13. D

Bachmann Spectrum C44-9W question

I have one already and I just won another one off the bay and the one I have and the one I have coming both have the front/nose handrails pushed in at a slant. I have not seen any others like this. Was this an early design or what because I have not seen any other C44-9W like this. They all have...
  14. D

I have to say that I am hooked on Atlas locos

Just felt like posting tonight about how much I love my Atlas master silver series locos. I have zero complaints. They are so smooth,quiet and very well detailed. I am really impressed with the performance and pulling power of these locos.
  15. D

Filling in styrene seams

I am gluing down my roadway using .030 styrene and I have a few seams that I would like to fill in. Any good ideas on doing this? I have several in mind but would like to save myself some time and do it right the first time. The seams are level with each other I just want to make them dissapear...
  16. D

I changed over to styrene for my roads,help

I started with sandpaper not really happy with it. I got .030 styrene and roughed it in tonight so far I love it. Before I go to far I need ideas on good ways to secure it to foam,painting it to look like western/desert concrete and other detail ideas. The thing that I lucked out on is that I...
  17. D

Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby sells thin styrene sheets

I have been there a few times but I was in a hurry and could not find it and I asked several employees and they had no idea what I was looking for.Never heard of that item.
  18. D

Looking for ideas on making scrap metal/junk piles

Any ideas? I have a scene on my layout that needs scrap junk piles. Metal,wood,trash etc. Thanks.
  19. D

2 good finds at Hobby Lobby

First for airbrushing. I just got a new airbrush so I went there looking for some paints. Anyway as I was looking, and they were kind of hidden, I found a 6 pack of plastic 1 ounce bottles with the metal airbrush tube/cap that slides right into any standard airbrush. It was only 5.99. They come...
  20. D

Started laying down roadways tonight,question

After several months of deciding what I was going to use for making my roadways I went with 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Love the look and by taking a foam brush and brushing it longways it adds that faded blacktop look. Here is my question,what do you use to hold it down. I started with white...

Back