Search results

1. J

Benchwork Question??

Papio, what I meant is, I make frame out of 1x4's then attach a piece of laun to the frame to stregthen it and then glue a piece of 2 inch foam board to the laun. My biggest modules will be 2' by 8'. CBCNSfan, I am always open to advice I like hearing about ways to build modules. I haven't...
  2. J

Metal wheelset questions.

Catt, thanks for the info. I have been wanting to try some of the IM wheelsets. I have heard great things about them. If I have great luck with them. I will probably use them exculsively.
  3. J

Benchwork Question??

Ok guys, Could I get by without using the laun for the base of that module though or would it better to use the laun and screw and glue to the frame of 1x4's.
  4. J

Metal wheelset questions.

I have some questions on the new Intermountain Wheelsets. I see they are brass. Are the Atlas Wheelsets Brass as well? I have always heard to stay away from brass due to the oxidation that happens over time. I don't want the oxidation to transfer to my track. Which may cause some shorts on the...
  5. J

Benchwork Question??

I have a couple of questions on My benchwork. I am getting ready to start down this path and get a layout up and running. I thought about using 1x2 with laun screwed to it and then glueing 2 in foam board down to the laun. Will this be strong enough to handle the strain of moving and other...
  6. J

Split points...

I can't see the picture, I see that dreaded screen. "page can't be seen"
  7. J

Bnsf Gp50

I like that new logo. It took a little bit But I am really liking it. Now I wonder how fast it start showing up on all the loco's.
  8. J

Which Roadbed would you Suggest?

Thanks guys. I may try the Elmers glues method. I have used Liquid nail before in new home layout contruction. They use it to glue the subfloor down to the floor joist so your floor don't squeak. I thought like you Jbaakko that it maybe to thick to use to glue down.Plus I was wondering how it...
  9. J

Thanks guys. Does glueing the track down form a pretty good hold, and what type of glue would you use. Elmer's white glue or something more thicker then that. This is my first venture toward starting a layout.
  10. J

I am planning a layout using foam. But I was wondering which Roadbed someone would suggest to put down on it. I have been thinking the Woodland Senics roadbed. But I also Have been thinking about using the tried and true Corkbed. I was originally going to use the AMI road bed until I heard it...
  11. J

Metal Wheelsets - Just a Gripe...Sort Of

I know all my cars are getting them. I just haven't decided on which manufacter is getting my Business. I started off the atlas metal wheelsets to go in my MT trucks. But now Intermountain has came out with own version So I am going to try them. All My rolling stock have the trucks pulled from...

Back