Search results

1. M

Atlas 'O' Reading 50' Gondola

Here's a picture of an Atlas 'O' Reading 50' gondola that I picked up at a train show several years ago....................... Anybody care to venture a guess as to why I got this beauty for five bucks? :D
  2. M

Lionel Postwar Caboose Makeover

Hello All, Here are a few pic's of my latest Lionel caboose repaint and decaling project. Been wanting to do this for a couple of years now, and finally got around to doing it...... The inspiration for this one was an Atlas N-scale caboose scheme (maybe HO scale too?) where they ran several...
  3. M

Thrifty Manufacturing Techniques: Lionel Postwar

Hello All, Hope everyone is having a great holiday season. I know I am (so far, anyway). This thread is just for kicks and grins. I had read at some point in the past several years that Lionel, during the postwar period, used up excess, left-over plastic pellets for injection-molding some of...
  4. M

Cure For Clear Plastic Window Yellowing?

Hello all, Question - is there a way to cure, or at least partially clear up, the "yellowing" that seems to occur on older, clear plastic window glazing? I'm thinking probably not, but don't know if I've ever seen this subject discussed before. Just curious if anyone might have any ideas about...
  5. M

3-Rail O-Gauge Switching Layout

Hello All, I'd like to start off by introducing my 3-rail O-gauge switching layout that I started building right about a year ago. It's kinda' hard to say just exactly WHICH forum to post this in, because there are several good candidates that it could be posted in, but ultimately I decided on...
  6. M

Easily Built Feed & Grain

Back at it again, folks. As promised sometime back (albeit better late than never :p), here's another inexpensive cardboard and paper structure for my O-gauge switching layout - Honegger's Feed & Grain...................... This structure has no exact prototype that I'm aware of. Rather, it...
  7. M

Walthers HO Track Questions

Hello Folks, Being in N-scale for the past few decades, and also getting more involved with 3-rail O-gauge in the last 5~10 years, I haven't paid much attention to HO scale like I did back in the 70's and 80's. Some, but not much. A good friend has been dropping off a few HO scale locos once...
  8. M

Team Track Loading/Unloading Ramp

Hello Folks, Thought I'd show you my latest project, a team track loading/unloading ramp. This will be going on a 3-rail, O-gauge switching layout that I have been working on for the past several months. And while maybe not a true-to-scale prototype, hopefully this ramp captures the flavor of...
  9. M

Easily Built Public Warehouse

Hello again folks, Here's a post for my "first" substantially completed, scratch-built structure based on one shown in my Kalmbach book "Easy-to-Build Model Railroad Structures". Although I seem to remember building a 2-stall engine house out of this book probably about 45 years ago or so, it...
  10. M

Easy-to-Build Model Railroad Structures

Hello Folks, As a teenager back in the 70's, I bought a book at a hobby shop entitled "Easy-to-Build Model Railroad Structures". The first printing of the booklet is listed as 1958, while the one I purchased had advanced thru the years as the 6th printing in 1973. I'm pretty sure I would have...
  11. M

New Bridge From Menard's

Just recieved an e-mail notice from Menard's about a new lift bridge (albeit non-operating). Pretty cool accesory, in my opinion. Check it out............................
  12. M

Merging O-Gauge Forums?

Question.............. Should the 'Tinplate and Hi-Rail' forum be merged with the 'O-Scale' forum? And re-named as the "O-Gauge" forum? Reason I ask is because..................................... There seems to be not a whole lot of difference between the questions asked between the two...
  13. M

Greetings from N.E. Kansas

Hello Folks, New member here. I just recently learned of this forum by simply doing a search for model railroad forums (maybe about a month or two ago), and after lurking for a little bit, I kinda' like what I see and have decided to join. I've been interested in model railroading most of my...

Back