Search results

1. Mac Loco Works

What's the story on track being unavailable?

I am a hobby dealer. I will tell you that the politcial scene has nothing to do with the shortage. I have been having trouble getting any flex track or cork for about 6yrs. Mother nature has had a hand in it earth quakes, Tsunami and high seas have caused the shipping problems. 6yrs ago...
  2. Mac Loco Works

Couplers for switcher

From what I can find it looks like they come with the Kadee scale couplers #158. Kadee shows the #148 or #158 as a replacment if they do not come already installed. Hope this helps.
  3. Mac Loco Works

Exactrail goes direct

I was a Excatrail dealer and here is what I recieved in my email this morning. I have talked to the powers to be at Excatrail and it is not a joke. Important Update: ExactRail Dealer Network As of May 1, 2012, ExactRail will no longer offer a dealer discount and will discontinue our...
  4. Mac Loco Works

Roadbed transition to yard

I use HO cork for the mainline N scale cork for sidings and yards. Install the ho cork 6"-8" past the end of the switch. Start the n-scale cork at the end of the ho cork. Use a belt sander with 110 or 220 grit paper and taper the HO cork from the end of the switch down to match the nscale...
  5. Mac Loco Works

What do you do for a living?

I'm a project manger for a construction co. Owner of Mac Loco Works www.maclocoworks.com.
  6. Mac Loco Works

Locos...do you really get what you pay for?

There are settings in a decoder that will allow you to reset the low speed. You can set a Kick Start that gives a little bit of extra voltage when you turn the throttle. There are also Vstart, Midstart and a max speed setting that alolw you to match the speed to the type of loco. Yard Switcher...
  7. Mac Loco Works

NMMRC Flea Market

The North Metro Model Railroad Club is haveing there frist flea market Feb 11 at the VFW hall in Coon Rapids MN chaeck there web page for more info. http://www.nmmrc.org/content/flea-markets
  8. Mac Loco Works

Athearn Shell

Check with http://ppw-aline.com/
  9. Mac Loco Works

Online Retailers that Fulfill and Ship Orders Quickly?

When you order from www.maclocoworks.com you get a email within 24hrs that the order was recivied. It says right in the order that shipment will be 3-5 days after payment clears. I have seen on this forum that some have had orders take months to recieve even if the iteam was in stock.
  10. Mac Loco Works

Athearn's Latest Price Increases: Im out...

Athearn is also losing there sales force. Think of all of the hobby shops in your area that have gone out of bussiness. That was there sales force. Athearn has a policy of only selling to brick and mortor stores and if that is declining then there profit margin is going down.
  11. Mac Loco Works

Wethered some cars, how do I prevent smudges and smears?

Here's what I use to keep my hands off my work until I spray the clear coat.
  12. Mac Loco Works

How many projects at one time?

Very Normal I have 7 DCC sound project on the work bench right waiting for parts. 6 paint jobs waiting for the time to do them 2 remotor's 12 Mckean centerbeams that need to be built. 2 buildings for the layout.
  13. Mac Loco Works

Athearn Delayed Again and Again

Athearn is not the only one. Exactrail, Inertmoutian and Fox Valley are also having problems getting there shippments out of china. What I have been told is that the earth quake about a yr ago shut down some of the ports in the area and more shippments are going thur hong kong than normal...
  14. Mac Loco Works

Where do i start?

No matter what airbrush or commpresser you buy get a inline water trap. All air compressers will produce water in the tank at some point in the life. A inline water trap is a good insurance policy to have. Take any new air brush you buy and play with it. Spend time adjusting the air...
  15. Mac Loco Works

New Free-Mo group in Northern Virginia

Good Luck I have had a lot of fun with the group of guys I have meet thur MN Free Mo. If you need any info you can contact MN Free Mo at http://www.mnfreemo.org/ Michael
  16. Mac Loco Works

Show us your weathered boxcars and covered hoppers

Here's one I did using chaulk and paint.
  17. Mac Loco Works

FYI: Athearn/Walthers P42s HO Amtrak Delayed

Intermountian and Exact Rail also are having delay's. My sales reps tell me it is shipping problems out of China.
  18. Mac Loco Works

Proto 2000 CN cars

Very nice on the gon I have found that some of the P2K kits can be hard to assemble.
  19. Mac Loco Works

ABC Railway 1501 Project

Color can change with the color of primmer. I paint flat white if i'm going to paint orange, white, light gray or yellow. White under coat makes the color's pop and you don't have to apply as many coat's. When I paint dark colors I use dark gray and med tone color's I use light gray.
  20. Mac Loco Works

Cracked axle gears on Proto 2000

The new repleacment gear sets from Walthers do not have the same problem. One of the problems was the plastic that was used would shrink to much when cooling. So when the wheel's where inserted in to the gear it would put stress on the gear and crack it. The Athearn and Walthers gears will...

Back