Search results

1. meanjean

Looking for SFRC Reefer Boxcar Photos

Neve mind....found what I needed on Railcar photos .com
  2. meanjean

Looking for SFRC Reefer Boxcar Photos

Looking for a picture of the real thing, SFRC 50' mechanical reefer http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-S-ATSF-FRESH-REEFER-BOXCAR-SFRC-50205-1971-RAILROAD-SLIDE-/140756640956 Checked all the normal sites but cant find any pictures. Any links to photos would be great. Thanks for the help
  3. meanjean

Sound Traxx Mobil Decoder Lighting Help

Updated Reply from Soundtraxx with Youtube visual; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3H2FBQFf3s&feature=plcp Chad, I do see what you are describing. Do the other two locomotives have the same size resistor in line? Also are all three tracks on the same booster? If the resistor size is too...
  4. meanjean

Sent it to them yesterday, hopefully they will get back to me soon. Thanks for the idea. Chad
  5. meanjean

No I think I have the pickups correct. Even though the directions online are for sound decoders the terminoligy on the directions match those on the mobile decoder package. The lights work fine, front, back and Gyra (FX6) so I know I hooked it up right and used the resistors in the correct...
  6. meanjean

It says on the website what one to use as common. http://www.soundtraxx.com/manuals/Tech_note%2010.pdf Then I followed the direction on the back of the decoder packaging. The lights work great but how the Gyra light works is not very realistic.
  7. meanjean

I installed a sound traxx part #852002, model #MC2H104AT into an Athearn HO SD40 http://www.soundtraxx.com/MotorDecoders/MotorDecoders.php Its a SP loco and have used FX6 to controll my Gyra Light. Here are the issues. The light flashed bright then instead of dims goes all the way out...
  8. meanjean

Help With New Layout Ideas???

Thanks for the advise and your right, a sectional layout would be better, I just have a hard time getting the sections to line up correctly. guess I need to work on my carpenter skills more? I will have to revisit the idea of sections. Not always easy to find a track plan for a section...
  9. meanjean

Help With New Layout Ideas???

Well its getting close for us to move again. Military life isnt as friendly with model railroading. I have tired a 4x8 before and didnt like the way it worked for me. Modular wont always work since I dont know the space where Im moving to in the future. So here is what I was thinking. A...
  10. meanjean

Athearn Tusnami GN-1000 install help

So the - wire off the frame will go to the front AND back decoder - ? Or only the front OR back? There are also 2 wires (top and bottom) coming off the motor, is it safe to say the motor is already isolated? Dont want to make an $80 mistake
  11. meanjean

Athearn Tusnami GN-1000 install help

Have an Athearn RTR SD45t-2. The Soundtraxx is a full board replacement. I want to remove the factory board and replace it with the GN-1000. The decoder has a front right and left wire attachment and a rear right and left attachment for track power + and -. Here is the issue. The trucks...
  12. meanjean

Layout Progress

Ha thats funny! Never really noticed that. :) It was all I had for a stop sign. Somebody find me a no right turn sign would ya? Better yet, the General Lee and a dirt pile.
  13. meanjean

Noisy Athearn RTR ?

Thanks for the replys. I did run it with the shell proped up so i know that wasnt the cause. I lubed the gears and that seemed to help. Put the shell back on and it seems quiter now. Maybe there was a wire pinched some place causing the noise? Now I will have to figure out how to add some...
  14. meanjean

Layout Progress

Thanks for the nice comments.
  15. meanjean

Layout Progress

Dave, I agree, by having some scenery down keeps up the intrest. I have made some mistakes along the way. Putting down scenery too soon in a certain area and such. For the most part its nothing more material wont cover.
  16. meanjean

Layout Progress

Some new pictures. Worked on the rocks and added some hills. My son made a small bridge. Anyone else ever wish they had a bigger layout? I need a yard with a place to park engines. I hate putting cars away then getting new ones outs, it sort of a pain and I worry about breaking stuff...
  17. meanjean

Noisy Athearn RTR ?

I have had several BB engines and now own several RTR engines. I just bought a new SD-40 and right out of the box this loco is significantly louder when in operation, especially at higher speeds and in corners. Slow and on the straightaway is not so bad. It is an older production run and has...
  18. meanjean

Weekly Photo Fun 2/4 - 2/9

BN SD40-2 climbing the grade past the first set of rocks ever made...well by me anyways. Also, an unfinished bridge my 13 yo son made. Im impressed with it, dont think I could have done much better.
  19. meanjean

SD40T-2 Wipers, whos got em?

Who makes the best plastic wipers for Athearn tunnel motors? I found 4 sets from DA, but its not clear to me what set works best for an SD40T-2. :confused:
  20. meanjean

Does Hydrocal go bad?

I did a 2nd batch last night with the same results. I ensured the hydrocal was throughly shaken, the mix was the proper ratio of water to mix and throughly mixed. Same results. Ill chuck the container, it has to be bad. Ill look for some plaster or drywall compound.

Back