Search results

1. ChinaHaun19

I wish I would have sold my train stuff on here instead of ebay.

I have sold some train stuff on ebay because I need to trim down to just G gauge for our big move. I have sold train stuff on ebay in the past and never had an issue. But this time my mom and I decided to sell under my mom's general seller account because I turned my account into a business...
  2. ChinaHaun19

The ore jennies were fully loaded

Oopsie on the train tracks.
  3. ChinaHaun19

Making some cool G gauge rolling stock.

I am glad you guys like them. Yes, To me its like the wagons have jewelry-grade wheels here. I was thrilled by these wheels when they arrived in the mail. They're heavy and shiny.
  4. ChinaHaun19

I finally received the metal wheels I have been begging the universe for. I selected USA TRAINS POLISHED METAL WHEELS. These basically have the appearance of Chrome... And I am not going to be painting them or making them appear prototypical because they basically cause the rolling stock to take...
  5. ChinaHaun19

O gauge - Black ties vs Brown Ties

Oh yeah, Atlas Century is a little nicer than anything tubular just on account of what it is... I have considered this Atlas track, though have yet to bite mostly because of limits on what I can afford and funds being eaten by higher priorities. Actually, one of my local hobby stores...
  6. ChinaHaun19

O gauge - Black ties vs Brown Ties

How about a new post about a classic argument? I have a layout featuring N, HO, O and G trains all in a 8 x 12 foot area. I just like the different characteristics of the different size model trains. I have also been one to like trying different track systems for each size. I like the different...
  7. ChinaHaun19

I have begin to slowly collect these square-ish Piko Ore Jennies. I get them at Onlytrains, RLD, Trainz.com etc. They automatically come with plastic wheels which is OK to start, but I insisted on ultimately fitting them with metal wheels, which I finally got a chance to order and I am patiently...
  8. ChinaHaun19

Big Diesel vs. Old Reefer box car

This youtube video is one thing that inspires me. I have G gauge myself, because G gauge is pretty good for having trains quietly fly down the track at very expeditious speeds. I asked a bunch of commenters on this youtube video with the speed train on it, what would happen if there were two...
  9. ChinaHaun19

Big Diesel vs. Old Reefer box car

An old piece of O gauge rolling stock was draped perpendicular over the tracks when a freight train led by a GP38 slammed into it with great force. The ancient box car was no match for the diesel, and was destroyed on impact.
  10. ChinaHaun19

A new beginning...JRs UPRR.

Looks like some high end HO locomotives there. I recently got myself a Mehano steam HO 2 6 0 that is not that high end perhaps but it is very nice for how affordable it was... $47! I had been ignoring my HO stuff for awhile and most of the time it was put away in drawers. I feel proud to have...
  11. ChinaHaun19

3-Rail track could be redesigned to look more like 2-rail

I model in O gauge 3 rail. I had a rather large collection of hodge-podge random used O gauge rolling stock and a few locomotives I was tired of. When I bought a G gauge set I decided to shift focus onto that, and so I sold a lot of my less beloved O gauge stuff... But after I did that I was...
  12. ChinaHaun19

Mehano Steam locomotive locks up

Okay. I am not sure if this locking up started specifically after I added the roll of pennies, or if it was destined to happen regardless. Because, you don't have to get into the axle box to add a roll of pennies... I don't know if I caused this problem to begin with but I did tinker with it so...
  13. ChinaHaun19

I had actually run across this before online but simply forgot. That is quite a beautiful product, and its design is something that, to some extent, later products from Gargraves and Atlas wound up serving. I don't remember what it was, but if I recall, Lionel Super O was a commercial failure...
  14. ChinaHaun19

Maybe. I definitely don't have much to argue about the tradition of 3 rail and its appreciation. I think what my real intentions were was that, should a 3 rail track with a really low profile central rail become available, some people might enjoy that. But I can get behind the idea that it...
  15. ChinaHaun19

Thread. Not threat. It was supposed to say "Thread". And I enjay my idea of a low height 3rd rail!
  16. ChinaHaun19

There is a man who responded to a threat I posted in another forum. I plead forgiveness for linking to another forum but this forum is for Large Scale only... and the reason I am linking you to it is because in the few comments in it is a link from a nice dude who wrote a whole book about model...
  17. ChinaHaun19

Why is there so much Horn Hook rolling stock floating around the used market?

This is bad. It is also before my time however as well. I mean I was a teenager in the early 2000's but I did not run model trains at that point. I was entering a period where I was not treating my ADHD and as a result became a really grubby person full of lame choices and ran a GPA of about...
  18. ChinaHaun19

Mehano Steam locomotive locks up

I did not realize this before. But I have the same exact identical locomotive as you do. I paid $47 for it and so it is the best cheap engine I ever had. I have never had issues with lock-up with mine. But I will tell you that I DID have lock up issues with another locomotive that is designed...
  19. ChinaHaun19

Why is there so much Horn Hook rolling stock floating around the used market?

Since the two variants of Realtrax are in fact designed quite differently, this is a valid question. So with Standard Gauge Realtrax, the road bed is light grey and the connection is very simple: Pins connect into the hollow rail. This track is almost identical in function and appearance to...
  20. ChinaHaun19

Thanks for this video. That is a serious and old school layout club... I could not easily see the 3rd rail in the video due to distance of the shot. So, you are basically saying that the laws of physics are in the way of using a short 3rd rail in center because the differing heights cause a...

Back