Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. TLOC

Running Bear's December 2022 Coffee Shop

Actress from Cheers and other things
  2. TLOC

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Well my highly anticipated package from Steel Mill Modelers Supply showed up. While I have many detail parts Kevin has made and I have purchased over the years, this is my first disappointment. Lots of broken off parts, all fixable or hidden from view but… These were purchased for my Paper Mill...
  3. TLOC

Good evening from a weather confused So Central Wisconsin. The app has shown all day we were getting rain showers mixed with snow. Right now it says snow showers are falling. Called the SIL who is out in the fields on the south end of the property, nothing there about 2 miles by the crow flying...
  4. TLOC

5. TLOC

Great that’s alway my intent when I post those
  6. TLOC

If you can’t laugh or chuckle at some of these, well I feel for you. But at least smile. The Canadian one is for our friends up North. I know they will at least chuckle
  7. TLOC

Good morning fellow modelers. The weather yo yo in So. Central Wisconsin continues. 33f degrees right now and only going to 37 but the winds are calm. It says on the weather app we have a snow shower but I looked out the north door and of course the southern window wall and we have nothing going...
  8. TLOC

Do you operate multiple eras?

Thanks for all the comments. Until recently I ran all the cars no matter the build dates. But moving everything to 2015 simplifies the buying for me. Mara, I do like to turn over the rolling stock. I am trying to get to a balance of cars needed for the industries on the layout. Sell now buy...
  9. TLOC

Rapido ABBA E8 Locomotive team

Great layout scenes, great passenger train and I love the diesels. The closing scene at the crossing was a great way for the video to end. Well done.
  10. TLOC

Every marriage has its ups and downs…
  11. TLOC

Good morning modelers of the world. It’s cold in Wisconsin at 19f degrees but the wind chill is at zero. The high should hit 38 but the winds will increase with gusts in the high 30’s. So it will feel cold. No official rehab today but I will walk the 15 minutes in the pool just because I love...
  12. TLOC

Enjoy the cruise and create lots of words Collect Mexican, no! But over the last few years there have been pieces run on the layout. But nothing presently used. I opposed NAFTA and but especially it’s replacement package, so I weathered the pieces to sell, they did. I have started looking for...
  13. TLOC

Awesome picture Dave. I have seen the cows heading out to pasture or coming in scene so often over the years. You have that so right to me! Bedtime. I have never been able to read in bed. Bed to me is for 2 things, sleeping and something else. Terry and I have been together 50 years, married...
  14. TLOC

How to keep the lighting from coming through the building walls?

I will follow the crowd here. I paint the insides black. I paint while still on the sprue if it’s a kit. Scratch building is usually done before glue up, but sometimes it’s easier when the walls are partially assembled but before glass is added to the windows. I have used black construction...
  15. TLOC

Thanks
  16. TLOC

We used to love the French Quarter. I don’t think it’s old age but the smells are not worth the fun anymore take a carriage tour, well worth it. Catch them in front of the cathedral square
  17. TLOC

Good afternoon. We are having dinner with my Endocrinologist, her hubby and a coaching friend and his wife on Sunday here at our place. I will ask her about the scheduling as I think it’ ridiculous that her regular patients can’t see her every six months that the insurance allows. I really...
  18. TLOC

I have not put them up for sale yet. Still thinking. I did this afternoon put 4 weathered pulp cars up for sale on FB
  19. TLOC

Sold

Sold
  20. TLOC

I have been operating trains on 2 dates. Both modern but 10 years apart. 2005 and 2015. I started out in 2014 after retirement to prototypically model Central Wisconsin, the Valley Sub of the CN. I did that as I could still operate at the time my large roster of Wisconsin Central locomotives. CN...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.