Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. dennis461

Newbie question on DCC

Holey molely, that is a lot of layout for a beginner! Yes, a power district should isolate both rails at each end of district. Reversing loops also isolate both rails. Turnout is a separate district I'd start out with a tiny section of the layout. Good luck.
  2. dennis461

Running Bear's November 2022 Coffee Shop

I was in the union, IBEW, when I worked on the railroad. The IBEW would take forever to negotiate. The mechanics would settle first, knowing if the next union that settled got more, then mechanics would be entitled to retroactive compensation. It was complicated. When I was in, there was no...
  3. dennis461

So what are you listening to right NOW?

OMG two guys playing keyboard backwards!
  4. dennis461

Music Why Don’t They Let Us Fall in Love The Ronettes Track 17 on All the Hits Produced by Phil Spector Release Date July 1964 View All Credits
  5. dennis461

Roundhouse 0-6-0 shorting out and motor stalling

You should keep the bottom plate on when testing for binding. and do the axles have a shim in the frame, or are they resting in the gray metal Zamac frame alone.
  6. dennis461

Roundhouse 0-6-0 shorting out and motor stalling

Put scotch tape over the brush springs. They may be touching the boiler (if it is metal.) Is the worm gear too tight to the spur gear on the axle?
  7. dennis461

DC/DCC Locomotive

It may have a decoder in the tender. Remove the decoder(if it is plugged in) Put a DC jumper in. https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H833X-IS001.PDF
  8. dennis461

More Tyco Freight Car Upgrades

Just beat them up a little. Made by Tyco in the USA.
  9. dennis461

Mantua 2-6-2 prarie stopping and going

Sounds like dirty wheels. Google ways to clean model train wheels.
  10. dennis461

Mantua 2-6-2 prarie stopping and going

How do you get it going again?
  11. dennis461

Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

George, an anvil on the track ...really? Need to break up this freight mix, a steamer will take the logs.
  12. dennis461

Black coffee for me. Taking a break from cutting wood. BIG logs and BIG saw :mad: Extended a stub siding with a girder bridge about 12" long. The bottom I used a piece of lexan and of course my glue does not "stick" to it.
  13. dennis461

Who re-cycled my 401K?
  14. dennis461

Hand held hot wire foam cutter

Ouch, you have 16 gauge in your walls?
  15. dennis461

Front End Friday

#27 moving to end of log haul.
  16. dennis461

Where do I sign up?
  17. dennis461

Track problem

OR, cut the flanges down. I've done a couple or Rivarossi steam locos
  18. dennis461

Cleaning / DUSTING one's Layout

You have to have a long vacuum hose hanging from the ceiling.
  19. dennis461

Cherish by the Association.
  20. dennis461

Running Bear's September 2022 Coffee Shop

Good morning from New Jersey. I'm back from my morning school bus runs. Kids are pretty quiet in the AM, but when school lets out, it's a whole new ballgame. :(

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.