Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. MikeGTW

Calling out extreme postage prices…

You might try here they are in Canada I have no idea about shipping https://www.pwrs.ca/announcements/view.php?ID=17605
  2. MikeGTW

Started scanning some old pictures

Since my rr is pretty much gone I got back to scanning some of my pictures Was doing some a while back and was working on slides I have a plustek slide scanner and a whole bunch of slides anyway had done maybe a thousand and the hard drive died that I was using The read arm inside broke and...
  3. MikeGTW

Freight House 933-2954

before all went away
  4. MikeGTW

Need help with what size kadees this locomotive needs

Here's my slightly newer version of that engine I thought maybe a Kadee #4 coupler but they are hard to find So Kadee #242 narrow gear box with a whisker coupler Also if that has the old flat round motor in it they don't run very well
  5. MikeGTW

Need help with what size kadees this locomotive needs

That may really be a Varney Dockside Switcher 0-4-0 but like Smudge says a #148 in a kadee box It's hard to say for sure on second looks more like a AHM C16 either way make sure it runs then see about couplers
  6. MikeGTW

need ideas for scratch building a wharf

Like Sherrel says 1/4 in plate glass I have a couple pieces I've used or a piece of self healing mat mine is probably 30+ years old and still works
  7. MikeGTW

Freight House 933-2954

Well I disassembled my layout most went in a dumpster No one but me has seen it in probably 10 years so time to go I'm not moving as well probably won't be posting much anymore since no layout just no interest I guess
  8. MikeGTW

Very thin wire 40 awg?

This is kind of pricey but https://www.micronmeters.com/category/miniature-wire-and-cable
  9. MikeGTW

Running Bear's April 2022 Coffee Shop

This from Texas Hobo and it says it better then I ever could thank you for posting that An aside - I have never met Terry, really don't know him. I didn't know Marie except for Terry's mentions here in the diner. And yet when I read of her passing I was saddened. For some time this morning I...
  10. MikeGTW

Running Bear's April 2022 Coffee Shop

Terry So sorry to hear this 🙏
  11. MikeGTW

Freight House 933-2954

Smudge We downsized years ago to where I am now was just me and wife she passed 11 yrs ago actually this month on the 10th so just been me here this house is about 2400 sq ft basement same size I'm using maybe 2000 ft of that for rr so looking at what I would have to take down and move I'm...
  12. MikeGTW

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

You do find some awesome deals out there here's a place selling those for $34.99 free shipping https://www.karsondiecast.com/collections/1-87-ho-scale-models they also on amazon...
  13. MikeGTW

Freight House 933-2954

Those may be my last buildings Might be taking my layout down If so it won't go back up My son and his wife just bought 50 acres just south of me and are building a new house somewhere over 4600 sq ft not including the basement which they would finish for me walk out windows down two sides...
  14. MikeGTW

Smudge's First attempt at painting a building

Smudge disregard that bit about spraying with white paint Don't know what I was thinking of However you could use shellac or easier just use good old elmer's white glue or any PVA glue but thin it to about 80 or 90% with water and brush it on those ends let dry the paint will then look the same...
  15. MikeGTW

Model Builder and Photographer

Don't know if any of you have seen this guy's work but I am humbled by the stuff he does It's like magic https://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/
  16. MikeGTW

Freight House 933-2954

Did you get this one done just curious
  17. MikeGTW

RAILROAD DERAILMENTS EXPLAINED BY AN ENGINEER!

Maybe something like this
  18. MikeGTW

Smudge's First attempt at painting a building

Smudge I see nothing wrong with your paint job The only thing I would have done is maybe gave it a light spray of maybe a flat white to seal those ends of the tabs so the paint wouldn't soak in
  19. MikeGTW

truck conversion passenger coaches

Wow that long I agree then order direct like you did It's been a while since I got anything from the shops near me since both are gone but if I remember right they would place their order on friday and have it in about a week
  20. MikeGTW

truck conversion passenger coaches

I forgot about that are there any hobby shops near you that order from walther's I know when there used to be a couple of them close to me they would add my stuff to their orders They usually only ordered once a week but no shipping charge and got a discount on top of it

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.