Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. After the rain

After the rain

End of the line at Clarence Dock. Puddles after the rainfall
  2. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

'A drop of oil here. A drop of oil there.' Class 47 'Ariadne' receving some attention. Class 25 25218 with a Leeds Central to York local service leaving Roseville Station. On the garden shed two cats taking in the last of the evening sun. After the recent storm Matt Summers...
  3. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Steam

The randchildren no longer want to run any Thomas the Tank items, so I have altered 'Percy' into a locomotive of The Kirkstall & East Seacroft livery and renamed it 'Zephyrus'. Here it is at Roseville Station with the morning train of staff for the National Filling Factory at Barnbow...
  4. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

Class 47 47515 'Andrew Carnegie' arriving at Roseville Station. Ken, the gardener takes time out from tidying the garden and watches. British red squirrells are in the garden. Felix the Station Cat is resting himself on the garden shed. 47515 waits at the signal for clearance...
  5. NorthBrit

Stéphane New member from France

Welcome on board, Stephane. I live in the U.K. and operate both steam and diesel trains.
  6. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

Jimmy Rickleton is working on his generator. At Calls Junction a Leeds Central to York local train passes A view from the control area. New scenery added at Canal Corner.
  7. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Steam

Big steam locomotive running day 5699 'Galatea' Near Charlie Marston's Yard 'Galatea' at Roseville Station 46210 ' Lady Patricia' at Roseville Crossing 46220 'Coronation' at the Junction.
  8. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Steam

I support the rebuild and preservation of Medway Queen Paddle Steamer. (Medway Queen Preservation Society). A way of attracting funds a limited run on model railway vehicles is done annually. Here are some I have purchased. At Leeds Sovereign Street Station And again At Clarence...
  9. NorthBrit

Comment by 'NorthBrit' in media 'Panoramic view'

Yes. Thanks to Dai Woodham many locomotives have been preserved and are now running again.
  10. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

Thank you for your comment logansawman. When I first built the layout I only ran diesels set in a timeframe 1968/1974. Then my grandchildren joined in. To make it easy for them I bought some Thomas the Tank items and other four wheeled locomotives, wagons and carriages. Now they want to...
  11. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

Class 56 locomotive on a short Leeds Stourton to Follingsby (near Newcastle) Freightliner service. A change of locomotive will take place at Leeds Goods Yard. The same train now with a Class 25 locomotive loco in charge. A diverted Edinburgh to Leeds Central 'North Briton'...
  12. NorthBrit

Comment by 'NorthBrit' in media 'Panoramic view'

Thank you for your kind comment, Seanzee. I have always wanted a scrap yard on my layouts, but could never 'get it right'. I was reading an article on Dai Woodham's Yard near Swansea. The idea of a railroad salvage yard grew. The fact it was something different to other scrap yards...
  13. NorthBrit

Trying out a micro layout (or close to one).

Looking good GuilfordRailman. Personally I would have painted the windows and doors first, but hey we do things differently. LOL You can still paint the windows and doors with a fine paintbrush. If the window frames are white do not have them 'too white'. The same with the doors. Whatever...
  14. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Steam

Hi Smudge617. Thanks for the 'Likes'. They are much appreciated. The brick colours on my buildings are from card buildings, and brick papers from a Company called Metcalfe. https://www.metcalfemodels.com/ I have no affiliation to them, just a happy customer. The colour of...
  15. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

Space in a City Centre is a premiunm price. A Leeds Central to York local train appears to squeeze past the water tower and T&J Harrison Small Arms Manufactureres buildings. Classes 55 52 and 47 on shed at Crown Point Yard Class 47 'Sir Rowland Hill' on a diverted 'Down...
  16. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Steam

A Northbound train of tankers passing Canal Corner. The same train at Leeds Sovereign Street Station. It is passing a Leeds Central to Wetherby freight train. My grandchildren have 'outgrown' Thomas and Friends. The carriage seen here is 'Annie' repainted in Lancashire and...
  17. NorthBrit

Just joined.

Nice to meet another U K modeller, Nigel. I model the L & Y in and around Leeds set in a timeframe of 1914/1919. and the same area running diesels in 1968/1970s. Both on the same layout.
  18. NorthBrit

2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

I have five grandchildren and all have been involved with the layout since they were three years of age. When they visit they like to join in. My younger granddaughter. A 'train nut'. Grandson number 2 and elder Granddaughter. Having fun Elder Granddaughter with her...
  19. NorthBrit

post your model RR tips........

Puddles after the rain. Clear matt varnish in small holes in the scenery. Cover with a thin piece of clear plastic Hide the edges of plastic with 'debris' With some clear varnish paint surrounding areas to give a wet ground look. Leave areas untouched to give the appearance of...
  20. NorthBrit

Just joined.

Welcome on board, Nigel.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.