Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. bnsf971

Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

SW1s only had one stack, it looks like you’re missing the bell and mount.
  2. bnsf971

The train slowly grinds its way into tunnel 24. In the grand tradition of Espee, they have again managed to place the two locomotives that would be least affected by being trailing units through a tunnel in the lead, leaving the others gasping for air…
  3. bnsf971

Not everything is spit-and-polish on the railroad. Here we have a quartet of dirty EMDs getting ready to head over the mountain with a train of equally grubby boxcars.
  4. bnsf971

A pair of GE U25Bs meets a trio of EMDs near the freight yard.
  5. bnsf971

I’ve opted to model the time before the “grunge era” took hold, and Espee occasionally washed their engines…
  6. bnsf971

A GP35 leads a pair of GP30 sisters across the bridge into town circa 1974.
  7. bnsf971

Both of my laptops have nvme drives, and my desktop has a combination of nvme boot drive and sata storage drive.
  8. bnsf971

Yes, he sidestepped that, and said PD would make the deliberate/accident determination. I opted not to press him on it, because I know it's a really tough time for him right now. It was not in California.
  9. bnsf971

I just spent the last couple of hours talking to a friend. He's pretty upset, and it may take some time for him to come to terms with it. He was running his train, and ran over a pedestrian. Plus, he's having trouble from the railroad over it. He works for a major railroad in the Western half of...
  10. bnsf971

I think the PS5 uses NVME SSD, and the PS4 uses SATA. The average person can't really tell the difference from performing basic tasks, the big difference is when it starts doing large file movements.
  11. bnsf971

Broadway Limited Paragon 3 PRR 4444 T1 Duplex

I took the liberty of doing a little research. In your part of the country there should be all manner of rotted-out Tiguans sitting in junkyards. Let your fingers do the walking, and find a mechanic with a decent reputation to swap a used transmission into it. Know then, the clock is ticking...
  12. bnsf971

Accessing and replacing the drive in one of those is obscenely easy. Remove one screw on a corner of the unit, and the drive slides out. It is a standard 2.5" laptop drive, though it does have to be formatted for the PS4. Mine had a 500GB hdd, I replaced it with a 1TB SSD. It does boot and load...
  13. bnsf971

It was a combination of being forced to further refine the fuel, and higher demand by way of all those new diesel pickups and cars.
  14. bnsf971

Broadway Limited Paragon 3 PRR 4444 T1 Duplex

I had one of these when I had HO scale. It ran without issue on my layout with a mix of 22" and 24" sectional curved track. The only thing I did was fab a slightly longer drawbar to go between the engine and tender. And it didn't have to be much longer, either. Maybe 1/8".
  15. bnsf971

I've got a PS4, with about a dozen games, that has languished since my wife died. We used to play games together, to help with her coordination.
  16. bnsf971

….Politics…
  17. bnsf971

Troy, this just came across my desk. Think of how large a model railroad empire you could have, or relive your time as a high school basketball star...
  18. bnsf971

Who was looking for one of these...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.