Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. logandsawman

Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

Good morning all, It is a cool 53° and we are headed for 75 with sunshine. We had a nice weekend here, with rain coming last night while we slept, a welcome rain because it is on the dry side here now. I ran the train around yesterday afternoon, organizing the freight cars, also seeing what...
  2. logandsawman

Good morning all, Yesterday was my wife's b-day, tomorrow my Mom's. We had a nice supper out, steak at Trapper Pete's in Cloquet (MN). Happy bday to your wife as well, Sherrel! Guy - that hotel should be a nice addition to your creation. Every day you have a new project going, and they all...
  3. logandsawman

Best Pulling Locomotive

Nice choice, The shell was the same on my F7 dummy and super power, however they were purchased separately on Ebay without boxes so not sure if that was luck or if someone else tinkered with them or how they were manufactured. They produced several iterations of that locomotive with some minor...
  4. logandsawman

Dave's Layout v. 4.0

THANKS Kleiner! Most of the rails were done with the Woodland Scenics rusty rail pens. I put it on kind of sloppy then wipe the top off with my cotton cloth and rubbing alcohol. This area is a diorama which was incorporated (screwed into) in the new layout, so I had lots of time to get this...
  5. logandsawman

I had an S-10 almost exact same one! At least looked the same, although wheels were a little different. Mine was a 4 speed and there was a noise came from the clutch area that drove me crazy - didn't seem to bother anyone else, though. It was a high pitched whine, maybe something like a dog...
  6. logandsawman

Good morning all, 65° and sunny, headed for 90. Supposed to be humid too. Looking forward to the weekend, notice that the weeks seem to fly by now, which is not a bad thing as I am looking forward to retiring at some point. Wife got up with me this morning, always screws me up to have...
  7. logandsawman

Thanks for the tip. I tried drinking extra water but the outcome seemed fluid.
  8. logandsawman

Right you are, Guy, thats a Goldfinch on one side and Purple finch on the other side. Finches are abundant here, we also get a lot of Grosbeaks and Black-capped chickadees. Your garden is a Beautiful spot to have a coffee!!
  9. logandsawman

Nice looking scene, Guy!!! Almost forgot to post a couple pics I took last night, our "tiny garden" is doing really well: Rabbits have been eating the Zinnias. They like to go in the garden and run around, it is quite comical to watch. Three wild bunnies probably be hawk food come...
  10. logandsawman

Best Pulling Locomotive

same one I was recommending. Should get a nice one for $45 or less. Lots of opportunity to upgrade with many kits available, if you go with the F-7.
  11. logandsawman

Good morning all, We started out at 48°, headed for 80 they say. Yesterday was gorgeous here in East central Minnesota with low humidity, yet hit a summery 80°! The better half asked me to take out the lift out yesterday to get in the closet. Not a hard job, but the layout looks funny...
  12. logandsawman

Little known Slope Area Model Railroad: Wilton, ND

Watched the entire video, very rare for me Layout must be 95% complete, scenery very realistic! Layout looked nice sized, lacking clutter which is a big plus for me. The club did a fantastic job building this! Dave LASM
  13. logandsawman

Town and country - automated N-scale layout

Sounds like you came up with your solution, though to answer your question, not sure about 1/4" osb. I used 1/2", which by some accounts stronger than plywood of that size. It is heavy, though.
  14. logandsawman

That's where we camped on our annual trips to Glacier Park, back in the early 70's. On the west edge of town, was a campground right next to the highway
  15. logandsawman

Nice with the crossing fillers, I never considered that method for my home made crossings. Good morning all, 70° and sunny, headed for only 74? Strange weather we are having. Not much excitement around here, had our first Zucchini from our garden last night, fried in a little butter with some...
  16. logandsawman

Town and country - automated N-scale layout

Curious why you are using foam? Is it because of the weight? After using a limited amount of foam on a former layout, I went with waferboard (Oriented Strand Board); which stands up well over a less substantial benchwork. Also, will drill a cleaner hole or cutout. Dave
  17. logandsawman

Your wife must have tons of energy to propose moving. We moved 7 times in 6 years and it will take an act of congress or a nuclear war to get us to move again, both me and wife have had enough of moving. And I am a spring chick at 64 years young. The final move was our idea, all the...
  18. logandsawman

My wife has experienced a rash of robo calls lately, after a brief pause. Hers are mainly the car warranty ones. I get unwanted emails hawking life insurance. I got two per day for a week, always 5-6 pm. I started blocking them after Google got how to do it, still took several days before...
  19. logandsawman

Best Pulling Locomotive

The Athearn "super power" F-7's could really pull. I had 24 freight cars behind one and it did not even wince. Wish I would have kept that video, I made it for youtube when I went to sell the locomotive. It sold for more than I paid for it. It was a heavy locomotive and gear driven, not the...
  20. logandsawman

Kinda hard to believe that far from Williston, since it is just about the westernmost town in North Dakota. The Montana and Idaho people working in the Bakken oilfield were driving or riding as far as I was to get to work. No wonder we were all worn out all the time. My first few months...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.