Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. J

Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

Just watched "Prey" on Hulu. It was worth the watch, but predictable. Very entertaining, especially if you like the whole Predator series of movies.
  2. J

Talk about a stick in the mud... I don't even know what a PS5 is. I had to google it. Now I know why I don't know what it is, and I admit, from a gaming perspective, I'm a stick in the mud! 🤘
  3. J

Paint Matching for a road name

Hi everybody! I'm about to embark on an odyssey and could use advice. I am modeling Ohio Central in N scale. As far as I can tell, there has only been two N scale locomotives actually produced in Ohio Central's maroon, yellow and gray paint scheme. One an F7 and another a C420. I was...
  4. J

LOL! did you jump up on chair and squeal like a girl? I would have, and probably would have been on the ham radio requesting air support. 🤣
  5. J

Yep, we have them here in Ohio as well. Although, the biggest one I have seen is probably about 4 inches in length, including the legs. They are substantial! I like having them around. They are harmless to humans, but still startle me when I get surprised by one. I find spiders...
  6. J

We called them Garden Spiders. As a kid, I would spend a lot of time hiking though fields, looking for Praying Mantis, snakes, what have you. Nothing would turn me into a Karate Master faster than walking face first into one of those webs, LOL! But it was always fun to catch a grasshopper...
  7. J

Those are great looking vehicles! I especially like the yellow step-side pickup truck. My wife has a 1967 Chevy C-10 which looks a lot like that one, other than the color. I forget what scale you model, would you mind reminding me, please?
  8. J

I was taking Lisinopril, hydrochlorothiazide and Amlodipine to manage my blood pressure. I've lost a little over 50 pounds in the last year, and asked my cardiologist if I could try backing off meds. He suggested I stop taking the Amlodipine as a first step, as, of the three drugs, it would...
  9. J

Potassium... A commonly prescribed ACE inhibitor, Lisinopril, can cause too high level of potassium. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic, that removes potassium. Both help lower hypertension, so it is a cocktail that many doctors prescribe to treat blood pressure without affecting potassium...
  10. J

I think he meant there is no way this would qualify as interstate wire fraud since no money was misappropriated
  11. J

Fraud is fraud. Interstate just makes it a federal crime. Regardless of where the money went, if the company has any nexus in another state, it can be pursued as a federal crime.
  12. J

My Upper level update

Looking really good! I like the foot bridge going over the track and driveway to the other building! Well done!
  13. J

Best Pulling Locomotive

Someone mention the goop you can put on the wheels to add traction. I believe he was referring to "Frog Snot" which can be applied to the bearing surface of wheels. Once dried, it's like a thin rubber tire that acts like a traditional traction tire.
  14. J

need ideas for scratch building a wharf

Wow, that is simply amazing!!!! Some of those pictures look incredibly real!
  15. J

New Layout Plan Drawings

I like that you added relief lines for topography. You are pretty talented cartographer
  16. J

And your heart, especially ibuprofen in heavy doses. I had a heart attack at age age 46, largely because I was eating 5 Advils at a time a few time a day. My Family doctor knew I was taking that many, and he also told me that he wanted my Uric acid levels below 9 to keep from having gout...
  17. J

New to these Forums

Sorry you lost so much stuff. Hopefully, your new home will have a place where you can build to your heart's content. You mention the Pocono Mountain Route, which caught my eye because my layout is also of a mountainous area (Well... the Hills of West Virginia anyway). People tend to be in...
  18. J

Cars not uncoupling at crest of the hump (N Scale)

I started playing around with magnets under a piece of test track, and I see how each coupler gets pulled to the "short side" of the track. Seems the leading coupler's air hose points a little to starboard, while the trailing air hose points a little to port. And when the joined cars go over...
  19. J

New to these Forums

Did you file a police report? That is insane. Tell us a little more about what you like about model trains. For me, I really like building the structures and scenery, but I didn't do any of the scenery, until I had played around with various layouts using AnyRail (there are other programs...
  20. J

Sorry for the bad news, Sherrel. I'll pray for you and your doctor!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.