Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. videobruce

How best to cover rigid foamboard & expantable foam on an incline

This is with Hydrocal applied and some initial detailing (thou not much);
  2. videobruce

Grade of the scenery,not the track. See these pics of the new area that I am tackling. This was done with outdated Sculptamold that turned out looking like cottage cheese. The 'rocks' were too 3D for the size of the area. The area towards the bottom is rigid foamboard filled in with expanding...
  3. videobruce

Are you talking about expantable foam or rigid foamboard?? Smooth surface or 'scraped' (formed) with a scrapper tool?
  4. videobruce

Drips and globs of material dropping for example. Any issue with painting the foam 1st to see the effect, then applying hydrocal over that?
  5. videobruce

I had a recent bad experience with WS plaster cloth (which I was warned about, but I wanted to try it). It's too thin and wraps back around itself. It also wound up not sticking after setup time. I thought about hydrocal, but I was concerned about the inherent 'mess'. :(
  6. videobruce

I have a long area that consists of 1/2" rigid foamboard smooth & 'shaved' with expandable foam (also shaved down) on an incline that I'm not sure how to treat. Go over it with hydrocal or brush full strength PVA glue and sprinkle with medium Talus. See the photos. (The 2nd pic, note the much...
  7. videobruce

Truck pins needed for N Scale Con Cor passenger cars

There are two cars, both in excellent condition. Only one needs the pins, the other needs couplers. I did think of a screw, but the diameter would be too large for a short screw to work with those trucks. I'll going to look around and see if I can get lucky. :rolleyes:
  8. videobruce

The pin is separate like Atlas, but a much larger diameter. At the end of the split (similar to a chothes pin, there are small outward tabs that hold it in place. A basic good design, far better than most straight pin designs.
  9. videobruce

I have a N Scale Con Cor 80' smooth side passenger car with no trucks and no pins. They are a 'split' pin design. Any idea where/what I could use to secure replacement MT trucks to this with?
  10. videobruce

SOLD: N Scale NYC & PC Atlas & Life Like Diesels

Over 100 views and no interest here?? 5 out of the 6 were sold the 1st day on eBay.
  11. videobruce

Best formula for ballast glue/adhesive for N scale

You lost me with the tape deal. Doesn't that block spraying the the ballast?
  12. videobruce

I definitely would not use a spray. You wind up over spraying on each side. Past that, if one uses a 'dropper' you feel it's still a problem combining steps? It's just that it saves a pass. ;)
  13. videobruce

Poses ballast spreader & glue applicator

The problem with those designs, there isn't a bottom door to close, if you pick it up whatever that remains, remains in a pile on the track.
  14. videobruce

I just discovered that these are also sold under the Bachman name. This appears to be a similar item (16m into the video);
  15. videobruce

This isn't another how to ballast track thread, but just what do you guys feel is the best mixture of adhesive/glue and water detergent and/or Isopropyl Alcohol? Most of the White Glue mixtures are 50/50, that and water thou I have seen 1 part glue & four parts water which seems kinda thin...
  16. videobruce

Has anyone had experience with these products from the UK?; https://modelrailwayengineer.com/best-ballast-spreader/ https://proses.com/prestashop/ballasting-solutions/204-hooo-ballast-glue-applicator-8680979260937.html The both seem to have some merit, I have hundreds of feet of N scale Peco...
  17. videobruce

Edit OP in a selling thread

Yes it was, thanks a bunch.
  18. videobruce

Edit OP in a selling thread

I would like to edit prices and text in the 1st post in a selling thread. I see I can edit the 2nd post but not the 1st. Can a mod do this for me? https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/n-scale-nyc-pc-atlas-life-like-diesels.34613/ Change it to this; All with MT couplers DC...
  19. videobruce

SOLD: N Scale NYC & PC Atlas & Life Like Diesels

All with MT couplers DC operation (modifiable for DCC) Smooth & quiet running, clean, all in original cases. Life Like GP20 PC (quantity 1) $40 Atlas GP7 Phase 2 PC (quantity 2) different road numbers $55 Atlas GP40 NYC (quantity 3) two with different road numbers (3003 & 3042) $55 Or BO...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.