Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. R

Running Bear's April 2022 Coffee Shop

Terry So sorry for your loss.
  2. R

Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

And that , is another example of why our once great country is turning into a great big pile of poo. God forbid someone else hears your horsepowers. lol
  3. R

Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

The construction company I work for just built a new Amazon facility in our area. They put in, if I'm not mistaken, 900 charging stations. Our local utility laughed at them, and wants to know where they think they're going to get the power from. I'm all about saving the planet,,,,,,, but lets...
  4. R

Running Bear's February 2022 Coffee Shop

I'm pretty sure the work ethic would go right out the door about now, and all my sh*t would be in my truck as I pulled out of the lot tomorrow, all while giving them the one finger salute.
  5. R

Running Bear's February 2022 Coffee Shop

My condolences to you and your family.
  6. R

Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

43 years of heavy construction. Mills, refineries, road construction, pipelines. Zero paid holidays!!! If you aren't there, you ain't gettin paid. Spoiled ass office workers!! LOL
  7. R

How to frame this?

And its cheap too!!!
  8. R

How to frame this?

There are tons of u-tube vids on how to work with that stuff, and it looks real easy to assemble. Just figured it would maybe work out for your conditions.
  9. R

How to frame this?

Have you considered framing it out with metal studs? Once you have the basic outline done, you could lay 1x3 on top of the studs to form your l-girder and go from there. It would help with humidity changes and such out in the garage. Just a thought.
  10. R

For the model railroader who has everything......

I think what gets me the most, is the fact that that loco is seventy freakin years old. This whole growing old thing is way overrated.
  11. R

Feedback on the wiring setup for my micro-layout

As long as you are over the minimum amp requirements of what you are powering you will be fine. You could run those actuators on a 100 amp supply if you wanted to, because they will only draw what they need , for the split second they need it.
  12. R

I didn't know if the Kato's were dc or ac and that link popped up. I ran quite a few tortoise machines on an old 12v wall wart out of the junk drawer with no problems. If you don't have one laying around, Amazon has all shapes and sizes.
  13. R

I just researched for a minute and you will probably need a dc power supply. You can probably get by with a cheap 12v wall wart and will need momentary toggles. Check this link for more info https://www.fiferhobby.com/how-to-make-kato-turnout-control-switches/
  14. R

Locomotive Shop

You're a better man than me. Once all the walls started cracking, I would have beat the remains with a hammer, cracked an icy cold beer and admired my accomplishment. It's really looking good and I can't wait to see the finished build.
  15. R

Willie, I'm sorry for your loss.
  16. R

Happy Birthday Willie !!!!
  17. R

Happy New Year coffee shop patrons. Getting ready for our first measurable snow of the season. Unheard of on the southern most tip of Lake Michigan. Usually we've been buried a couple times by now!! Got a corned beef brisket on the smoker and just counting the hours until it's done. Have a...
  18. R

Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Merry Christmas to all of the coffee shop patrons. I don't comment too often, but I feel like I know some of you after my years of not missing a post. I hope everyone has a great holiday season.
  19. R

Running Bear’s November 2021 Coffee Shop

Happy Thanksgiving to the whole coffee crew.
  20. R

On to Track Laying

I wouldn't permanently attach any of the 6 spur tracks on the left side until you have the structures or industries assembled.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.