Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

Hot Wheels vehicle

I have some on my layout. For $1.25 each, they are placeholders until I can find the vehicles I'm looking for at the right price. I try not to spend more than $12 for a vehicle. I do not place them in close proximity to my HO scale vehicles so they don't really look out of place.
  2. S

What detail colors for wooden boxcar kit?

I am assembling a wooden reefer boxcar kit. What would be the typical colors for grab irons, ladders, door latches, and door hinges?
  3. S

High costs

Three years ago I got the notion to get back into model railroading after a 35 year hiatus. Bought a Walthers catalog. Talk about sticker shock. Kept looking through the catalog and started to peruse online forums. A friend who has a around the room HO layout in his basement showed me different...
  4. S

Woodlawn Industrial Park (was Northeastern HO scale switching layout)

Looks like it will be a nice addition to your layout. Please post a photo when you have it in place. I also attend the Springfield show every year. Hope to see you there in January.
  5. S

Woodlawn Industrial Park (was Northeastern HO scale switching layout)

In reference to your post of Oct.24 regarding a passenger car restaurant, here is what I did for my layout. I found the car new in box at a hobby shop for $10. It's setting on a piece of track. The handicap accessible ramp was an easy to construct entrance.
  6. S

Any Conrail modelers here?

Athearn SD70 & Bachmann GP40

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.