Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. gjslsffan

27,000 and 3,000 gal Tetraethyl lead tankers size comparison

He did some of the best detail modeling I ever saw. RIP Bobby. https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/thebrunswicknews/name/robert-pitts-obituary?id=33956850
  2. gjslsffan

Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

Thats a few of those CF7's. Didnt they used to have hoards of those thing on a train?
  3. gjslsffan

Thanks Borris.
  4. gjslsffan

Thanks for the input. HHMM hadnt really consider that yet, I suppose anything from a couple GP7's to GP60's
  5. gjslsffan

Thank You.
  6. gjslsffan

Thank you. Still have a couple more cars to add, i would like to find a troop sleeper too.
  7. gjslsffan

Thank You! Yes that thread is black, I couldnt find the color I was looking for, so just used what was in the kit.
  8. gjslsffan

I guess there needs to be Derrick for this Derrick work train. This is a Tichy 120 ton crane, I did modify some of the build, as I added a hand brake, by Calscale, and a few small ladder segments to the sides. There is a very close resemblance to this derrick at the Moffat County RR museum in...
  9. gjslsffan

FOR SALE: D&RGW PA locos by Proto 2000

Is this for the shells or shells+chassis/drives? They are nice looking for sure. Wish I could use them. I bet those things rode like a dream with those trucks under them.
  10. gjslsffan

Thanks for all the likes and comments on that L-131 guys I do appreciate it. Beautiful day here in Grand Junction, I slept thru almost all of it. Maybe get some time to enjoy tomorrow, supposed to be 60+ deg. I hope to get out to the train barn for a while, maybe open the doors and get some...
  11. gjslsffan

I sure hope things turn around for the better for you and your wife soon.
  12. gjslsffan

Looks like you got all the good out of heating element Willie.
  13. gjslsffan

Hate to hear that.
  14. gjslsffan

This is a D&RGW L-131 a Brass locomotive that I painted and weathered up just a little. The model pulled 50 cars up a 1.5% grade. It did struggle but pulled its heart out. So many steam locos under perform here. Some wont even stretch the drawbars out in the yard. This one astounded me. A great...
  15. gjslsffan

Hey Sherrel Here is a set of SL-SF SD38's doing the deed, well HO scale anyways. Sherrel, I spent a few months building 4 of the 4 SL-SF SD38-2's. Dont make me take more pictures! Well, I have 2 left, sold the others...
  16. gjslsffan

Hate to hear that, I hope she gets better real soon.
  17. gjslsffan

SDL39 what a unique locomotive. I like the looks, it's all about that axle loading. I bet they had a respectable tractive effort as well.
  18. gjslsffan

I like that logic..
  19. gjslsffan

The heat sink on mine look different. They were very common around here for DC throttles a few years back. To keep away from all the wiring I ended up with 6 of the Aristo wireless controllers, but we still use tethered throttles for yard jobs. I am a dinosaur still using DC no plans at this...
  20. gjslsffan

I have 4 maybe 5 of the Innovator 2000's, I like it better than the 3000, I didnt know they made a 3500. The 2000 wasnt quite so busy with all the gadgets on the throttle. We got some 20' tele cords replaced one end with a wall plug and we had long reach walk around cabs. Still using one in the...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.