Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Smudge617

Running Bear's May 2022 Coffee Shop

No one is saying you shouldn't defend yourself, but my argument is too many are too readily available to anyone that wants one, and to a lot of people who shouldn't have one in the first place.
  2. Smudge617

I don't think any politicians are willing to take that one on, but more of a case of the number of firearms (and the type) so readily available in general, to people who shouldn't own one, or ten.
  3. Smudge617

I wasn't referring to anyone using a firearms for sport purposes, that's a legitimate reason More in the line of the number of firearms available, after all, you can only realistically fire 2 handguns or 1 rifle at a time.
  4. Smudge617

I understand your reasoning, of course I do, but your kinda making my point, if firearms were not so easily and freely obtainable under the constitution, you wouldn't feel the need to defend you and yours in a like fashion.
  5. Smudge617

YouTube has lots of "how to" on it.
  6. Smudge617

I can get this in Florida East Coast livery.......£390.00 or $478.00, nice, but not that nice 🤣 🙃 I did look on trainworld as well, (lot cheaper) but it won't give me shipping cost's ☹️
  7. Smudge617

Y YouTube has lots of "how to" when it comes to making suppressors
  8. Smudge617

I suppose in a way it's good news that so few police have had to fire their weapon, but then the police departments should ensure regular (and by that I mean at least every 2-3 months) firearm training is carried out throughout the officer's career, not just a firearm certification, which, if...
  9. Smudge617

I believe you mean this. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. And my question is now, define "Well regulated Militia"
  10. Smudge617

I was thinking more of a 9mm pistol, sorry my fault.
  11. Smudge617

Most police do not use hollow point, simply because they are better trained than a civilian, and hit what they aim at, if they did use them they would end up in court not the person they shot. The problem I have with civilian use is simple, they just shoot in the general direction of the...
  12. Smudge617

A 9mm has more than enough stopping power, just have to hit the right spot.
  13. Smudge617

Yes unfortunately that seems to be the case, pity the US doesn't take it's constitution to heart, by that I suggest you read the whole amendment, not just the bit that says "right to bear arms" which seems to be the only part of it some can remember. I'm straying into the political side of...
  14. Smudge617

I promise not to ask what that is costing you 🤣
  15. Smudge617

I'll stick to a 7.62 FN Rifle and a Glock 9 Pistol, thanks
  16. Smudge617

Unfortunately there are many more who don't have a clue, and work on "the bigger, the better" rule.
  17. Smudge617

Rarity these day's, people will pay big $ for them, probably at the $, will join the rest on a shelf and never run.
  18. Smudge617

Fortunately, in most countries, hollow points are illegal, even in the military under the Hague Protocol, something the US has never ratified, hence still legal in the US. Having seen the results of hollow points on the human body as well as the "dum dum" they are probably one of the most...
  19. Smudge617

Which Speaker to Upgrade an HO Scale Rapido F40PH "Cabbage" from DC to DCC with Sound?

I can't say to which speakers would be best, I have very few Loco's with sound and all are different manufacturers. Are your Amfleet cars the only ones that derail on curves, or do you have that problem with all your cars?
  20. Smudge617

Train layout table

Yeah you could, but they would be extremely heavy, and you would have to use some pretty hefty timber to support the width of the table.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.