Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. D&J RailRoad

Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

I didn't try hitting 8 several times in F8 mode. I'll give that a shot when I get back home today.
  2. D&J RailRoad

I have a new loco with Tsunami 2 system. Sounds great but I was messing with the lighting. I got the number boards and ground light to work independant but now can't get the ditch lights to come on. The number boards are FX3, ground lights are FX4 which leaves FX5 and FX6 for the ditch lights...
  3. D&J RailRoad

The bagging of groceries is merely a function that goes with scanning it on the register. Instead of handing each item to the customer or throwing it toward the door, they just place it in a bag.
  4. D&J RailRoad

Not sure if there are a lot of people earning 7.xx an hour and have a family, house and car payments. If that's all they earn they must not bring to much to the table.
  5. D&J RailRoad

I'm Considering Changing my Bulb Signals to LED Signals

Instead of the LEDs with the stiff leads on them, there are surface mount LEDs with very fine wire on em that can be routed down through the signal tubing.
  6. D&J RailRoad

I might be wrong, but I thought the self-checkout was intended for the shopper that has just a few items. Envariably though there will be the shopper with a cart load of stuff using the self-checkout. As they scan each item, they go from one side of the cart to the other. Never just unload it...
  7. D&J RailRoad

After a morning of listening to investment vehicles, it's time to do some work on the trains. I'm looking for another broker to work with. Fidelty steered me to an account manager to meet the services requirements that I had. I listened to their speel then did some background checking on them...
  8. D&J RailRoad

How to distinguish 2 similar locos

Take a hammer to one of them. Should stand out from the other.
  9. D&J RailRoad

Seems that healthcare isn't important when they have to pay for it themselves. People want others to invest in them but they won't invest in themselves.
  10. D&J RailRoad

HO steel rail flextrack

Yeah, there was a movie about that stuff.
  11. D&J RailRoad

Choosing a DCC System

The popularity of operating systems depends on the marketing plan. Long ago America On Line (AOL) had a great marketing plan to get their ISP package out to the masses. Their technique was to flood the market with their free disc to load their system. They had an accompanying radio message that...
  12. D&J RailRoad

HO steel rail flextrack

The Pasadena Model Railroad Club had steel rail made for their layout years ago. They might be able to steer ya in the right direction.
  13. D&J RailRoad

Ya mean asking people to pay for what they bought?
  14. D&J RailRoad

Choosing a DCC System

A note about IR throttles. If you have a small layout, i.e. 4x8 or a bit larger, IR will prolly be OK, but when ya have mote than a few steps in either direction ya have to point the throttle. RF doesn't have to be pointed. Once again, go cheap, be dissappointed.
  15. D&J RailRoad

Maybe their response will be to put all the sane people in protective custody then.
  16. D&J RailRoad

Choosing a DCC System

I have heard of the z21 on the forum here but I do not know a single person who has heard of it let alone knows how it works and I know quite a few model railroaders as well as many club layouts
  17. D&J RailRoad

Choosing a DCC System

Yeah, ESU system. If you're just using the ESU decoders, pretty easy if ya have the LokProgrammer. JMRI can do some of the basic programming, i.e. address snd CV29 choices. If ya want to use their whole system keep in mind ESU caters to the "European" model railroader, supposedly a much more...
  18. D&J RailRoad

Choosing a DCC System

I think one of the primary questions you need to answer is: is this model railroad for the kiddies or for model rail hobby desires? If it's for the kiddies, stick with the basic no frilles beginner system. They will never get beyond running the trains for a few minutes then turn to demolition...
  19. D&J RailRoad

Choosing a DCC System

Looks like you would do well to stick with DC then.
  20. D&J RailRoad

Choosing a DCC System

I got into DCC shortly after Zero One was introduced. I was skeptical of a one box does all system and decided go with the more commonly heard of Digitrax DB150. Never gave it a thought of having to do one more step to select a locomotive over some other systems, but for some reason people swear...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.