Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. grove den

First Spruce for the Forest

Hello guy, just a question about how you add the fine turf... Do you use a strainer that will keep/sift the "bigger "particels of the turf from the smaller ones? The smaller ones will look more like neeedles! When adding without a strainer, just out of the box I think it looks still to...
  2. grove den

First Spruce for the Forest

Those first spruce trees are not bad at all! Did you consider to use some 12 Fibres and 2 mm on the brances and finaly add some fine turf? Just add with a strainer and use sprayglue to fix the fibres on the small end of the wires. Before adding the fibres spray the frame with a darkgree/olive...
  3. grove den

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Thank you Max! Now something different: Autumn and a lot of tees in a small space, actualy a box : 1 foot x 1 foot x 10 inches Sven diorama Rail 2019 Klform by Jos Geurts, on Flickr before the great cut... Sven diorama jan 2019 bijna voltooid 2 klform by Jos Geurts, on Flickr and after:oops...
  4. grove den

Still busy with making/modelling trees.... Learning each year new things/possibilities etc! Some Mediteranian trees( Pinus pinea) by Jos Geurts, on Flickr by Jos Geurts, on Flickr something in autumn: by Jos Geurts, on Flickr and just somewhere ( Europe) in a forest during summer...
  5. grove den

Thank you Edsland. Latest efforts; an old oaktree in winter scale H0 and about 12 inches the same in summer: and the trunk close up; Jos
  6. grove den

Send you a pm Kevin....
  7. grove den

winter again with larches... I think...that preiserman lost his keys....? Jos
  8. grove den

Thank you tootnkumin and yes it's a Citroën!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_Traction_Avant Jos
  9. grove den

Some small 0 scale or big H0 larches: and finaly some scenery with - of course- some trees.... Jos
  10. grove den

Still busy with modelling trees and landscape: detail of the diorama 2 inch. x 2 inch. on a hot sunny summerday: landscapediorama "under construction" = no trees! ;-) and the last picture: Part of a "German"modellrailroad that is based on time era: about 1950 and...
  11. grove den

Scenic design: Possible framework materials for creating "rolling hills."

Florist's foam is indeed an "euasy"way to achieve that rolling landscape you are thining about. But may be "styrisol"...it is a kind of yellow/white styrofoam but not that "strong" it looks like it is a combination of the florists' foam and styrodur you can use almost any woodworkingtool to...
  12. grove den

I lost most of my pictures at the beginning of this thread because of a "crash"of my old pc....so I replaced it with one of the pictures that still remain/is left...It is one of the first truncs I used to try this technic.
  13. grove den

No they don't Kevin! ( What is " waaaaaay to much time"????) Thank you Kevin! btw: making a tutorial...THAT takes waaaaay much time ! ;-) in the same time I could make a lot= 20-30 H0 trees! jokes aside: I wrote and showed it with some pictures somewhere in this thread! post # 454 in short...
  14. grove den

Latest work: some picea trees H0 Jos
  15. grove den

Comment by 'grove den' in media '45 degrees curvedtrackmodules'

thanks Dave! this result was caused by using glossy varnis in a dusty room and surface of the parts where the varnish had to be painted. ;-) in other words: piece of good luck =)
  16. grove den

Static Grass Applicator Help

ok ok forgot this smily: ;-) and yes I lost my patience a very litlle bit.. and I am sorry/appologize about that. I still /always Hope that people do some (re)searching first on google or somewhere in this - unfortunately- huge thread- before asking. ;) Making trees is about trail and error and...
  17. grove den

???? again: hello Railroadkid 1937, The length of the grassfibres are: About Static Grass Flock™ Static Grass Flock is a fiber product that models grass and/or weeds. It is available in six colors and can be used alone, or with Fine Turf. Place under trees, along ditches or as forest...
  18. grove den

hello Railroadkid 1937, The length of the grassfibres are: About the applicator: I don't know anything about electricity...so I had to bought one and a good one( in Europe: for example "greenkeeper" from RTS)...Did/Will cost some US dollars/Euros 145,- but it was worth all! specialy the 2 mm...
  19. grove den

Thank you ... well I think the "look"/transition is part of that 75 % ... ;-) Jos
  20. grove den

Thanks Jeff and New Guy. New Guy: Well it is about 75%of the time watching/ studying the real trees and 25 % spending a lot of time trying to find the best recipes/combinations to add the fibers and "leaves"... I know it is a huge thread but basicly it is all written somewhere...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.