Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. GarryCBQ

Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Good morning ... WIllie ...... Praying for your wife as she has her 4 hour procedure this morning. I like your pictures, especially the one with the guy coming out of the man hole. Tom O .... You are ambitious. Laying 61' of mainline track and weathering 10 boxcars. Enjoy. Christian .... The...
  2. GarryCBQ

Good evening . Everybody .... Thanks for commenting about my picture of Prairie View depot. Greg ..... Thanks very much for your kind remark. Tom ... Good idea to talk about trains. . It sounds like you did well buying pulpwood cars. ..... This evening, I completed work on a Walthers...
  3. GarryCBQ

Sherrel ...... I hear "fixing' to" often here in KY. I once had a son-in-law who was visiting here with family members. We went out to eat a buffet restaurant. He returned to the table with what he proudly stated was "whale Meat". We all laughed at him, but he insisted that's what was on his...
  4. GarryCBQ

Tom O ..... It is really outrageous about what is happening to investors who have rental property. Government won't allow evictions because of the pandemic.. Renters stop paying rent, and can't be evicted. We have a son-in-law who has lost $18,000 of unpaid rent on a place he rents. Crazy...
  5. GarryCBQ

Howdy.... Toot and Terry ..... I recall "Lost in Space" on TV. ... "Warning. Warning." LOL Willie ..... I enjoy seeing the long trains on your layout. Nice! "managed to" ..... I see that phrase a lot. Sherrel just used it, too. Why not simply say what you did and leave out that phrase...
  6. GarryCBQ

Good morning .... Everybody : ...... Thanks for the numerous likes on my photo of tractors on flatcars . Willie : .... I have painted some figures. It is really tedious work. The dry goods store looks good in that location. Toot : ...... You have been rather quiet lately. Good to see your...
  7. GarryCBQ

Steve Dakota ...... These are my flat cars with loads of farm tractors. The chocks are just wedges of wood. I used thread as cables to tie them on. It may not be exactly prototypical, but it works for me.
  8. GarryCBQ

Terry ...... Reading your post makes me sad.
  9. GarryCBQ

Mikey ... I meant to say earlier your turpentine mill is excellent!
  10. GarryCBQ

Good morning . Terry ...... Your post regarding your daughter in law is very, very sad. Prayers for her and the family. Willie ....... I'm glad your wife's eye surgery went well. Prayers for her knee surgery on Friday. Your dry goods store, tree, and bird house look great. Steve Dakota ...
  11. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Christian ...... Stay, of course. I have not noticed anything silly, stupid, or crazy. Have fun! The Bachmann Silver Series freight cars should work well. Willie .... The fence and the bird house look good. Steve Dakota ..... I like the MILW SD7 and the NP F-units. Joe ..... The...
  12. GarryCBQ

Good evening. Sherrel ..... Thanks for your kind remark. .... I'm glad your celebration was good. Will you repeat the bar experience next year? Tom .... Thanks for commenting about my pictures. .... Let's see. Where are you heading on 1-/15/2021? Could you give a clue? Enjoy it ! Curt...
  13. GarryCBQ

Good morning, everybody. Truckdad Dave ..... Glad to hear there still is a normal part of CA. I do have my doubts about your state. Steve Dakota .... Your NP Z8 looks fabulous. I'm envious. Terry ..... From what I hear about Australian Sheppards is they are smart dogs. So, if Gunner likes...
  14. GarryCBQ

I mentioned J J Hill, The Empire Builder, earlier today. Here is the train, Empire Builder, after GN painted most of it with the Sky Blue paint scheme in Minneapolis.
  15. GarryCBQ

Today is also J J Hill’s birthday . He was born in 1838 and died in 1916. He was a major figure of railroad history. He was called The Empire Builder. Great Northern Railway named its premiere passenger train after him. Amtrak continued to use the name , Empire Builder , for its Chicago -...
  16. GarryCBQ

James, WIllie, and Chad. ... Thanks for taking time to post your thoughts about Covid. .... My 2 cents ..... To vaccinate is a personal decision and should be made only with consultation with a good physician who is is familiar with all of your health issues. The doctor can advise about...
  17. GarryCBQ

Hey Sherrel ! .... I hear it is your birthday ! .......... Happy Birthday !
  18. GarryCBQ

Howdy ...... Everybody .... Thanks ver much for comments and likes for my photos. James..... Condolences regarding loss of your friend. Thanks for sharing your tribute to your aunt who was one of the 9/11 victims. Terry ..... Just know that all of us Patrons of the Coffee Shop care about...
  19. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Terry ..... I'm very sad to read your latest news about your daughter in law. Joe ...... I like the Pennsy doodlebug photo as fellas the GG1 picture. Everybody: ...... Thanks again for likes and comments of my recent posts with photos. Here are two more pictures. I believe I have...
  20. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Greg .... Sorry to hear it is in pieces. Maybe, you should never say "never", because eventually, you may decide it would be a fun project to restore it. Lee..... Thank you. Yes, I made the Sylvan tractor trailer livestock truck specifically for this scene. It was fun doing that...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.