Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. I

N scale with Z scale Mixed

PROBLEM IS: CANNOT find some/enough Z scale buildings/structures.
  2. I

3. I

Z scale Switcher locomotive

looking for z scale diesel Switcher not Marklen need compatible with Micro train
  4. I

Height in inches

Need to see if I can use some N scale in place of Z scale. In inches what is the z scale height of a 6 foot person, a tall pine tree, and telephone poles. this will be a lot of help to see if N scale items are too large to use.
  5. I

What is IIRC and Nn3? Where can you buy Nn3 structures?????
  6. I

I am building a Z scale layout....I have the trains and track, but I am having a very difficult time finding Z scale structures. How "BAD" would substituting N scale items on a layout running Z scale trains? Thanks for all honest opinions.
  7. I

MULTIPLE Z SCALE SCENERY ????s

To BigGRacing: My post is a serious request; can you help?
  8. I

MULTIPLE Z SCALE SCENERY ????s

I have been able to get good z scale trains, track, power items, BUT BUT finding z scale SCENERY for a "Country" layout is "horribly" hard!!!!!!! Much harder than finding N or HO items . Question number one: Substituting N items for Z is a "NO NO"?? or "ohhh k?" Now some specifics: **Looking for...
  9. I

Prebuilt bench work

Any opinion of "Modelrailroadbenchwork"? And what material: plywood, foam, etc. for the top?
  10. I

WANTING TO BUY Z SCALE ITEMS:

Wanting to buy z scale items: red pickup truck, boy with fishing pole, dog, telephone poles, fence, farmhouse, barn, cornfield, cotton field, wheat field, trees, items for a country not a city layout.
  11. I

Connecting Marklin & Micro Trains

Looking for some z scale cars with micro-train couplers on one end and marklin couplers on the other end.
  12. I

The very best way

What is the very best way to insulate a section of Rokuhan Z scale track for block control? a plastic connector?
  13. I

Z Scale Track Radius

The Micro Trains z scale Amtrak commuter set has 2 wheels trucks, BUT 83" passenger cars........what radius track would it run on without a lot of overhang? Max passenger car width that can run on Rokuhan R220 or R195 curves?
  14. I

Z SCALE Amtrak passenger set

The Micro Trains z scale Amtrak commuter set has 2 wheels trucks, BUT 83" passenger cars........what radius track would it run on without a lot of overhang? Is there a z scale Amtrak locomotive and passenger cars that will run on Rokuhan R220 or R195 curves? If not can you make one? :):):)
  15. I

FLAT 3D....Serious Post

POSTER: Large poster size print????????????
  16. I

FLAT 3D....Serious Post

I posted "Flat 3D" and nobody took it seriously. I am attaching a picture. No, I'm not wanting a child toy train board like the attached picture. No, I don't want cartoon pictures. BUT this is the idea for the layout top, BUT with real photograph scenery or professionally painted realistic...
  17. I

Flat 3D

Paint with thick paint on a flat sheet(linoleum?) in Z scale the scenery: ground, roads, trees, buildings, track position....to look like a photograph....then glue this onto the top of the platform, and then lay the track. Has anyone ever done something like this? Painting should be done by...
  18. I

Looking fer a Z scale Switcher locomotive.

Looking for a small z scale Switcher locomotive. Prefer Micro Train. NOT Marklin.
  19. I

Need Z SCALE items

Z SCALE: Looking for items for a very country layout: country road, barn, a lot of trees, cornfield, cotton field, telephone poles, fence, boy and dog.
  20. I

Looking for these z scale items

Z SCALE: cornfield, cotton field, telephone poles, fence, boy and dog, large amount of trees, barn, country road......all for a very country layout.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.