Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. chessie_system3

Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Had three days off and hardly no trains for me. Just didn't find the time to get around to them. I did clean up around the layout some. Attempted to fix one of my Geeps. Seems I have a drive shaft that has a noticeable bounce to it. I don't know if...
  2. chessie_system3

Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Morning fellers. Hope everyone is doing well. Worked with my old P2K GP7 last night. Not the new purchase one but my very first P2K Geep I purchased. Seems it doesn't have slow moving abilities anymore. I have yet to find a fix for it. It binds going through turnouts. Actively hops the frogs as...
  3. chessie_system3

Running Bear's August 2021 Coffee Shop

Morning fellers. Hope everyone is doing well. Gave up on the GP7 project last night. Didn't make it far at all. The grabs didn't take the glue well at all. The prefilled holes are bigger than the included grabs in the set which came with it. The set does belong with the locomotive. They aren't...
  4. chessie_system3

Morning fellers. Hope everyone is doing well. Started working on my GP7 last night. Had a grab iron go flying! So that was short lived. Will be scouring the floor today for it. Should be easier to find than a Kadee coupler spring. Which I have been able to find in the past. Push come to shove...
  5. chessie_system3

Evening fellers. Had to run out to the LHS for some parts. I must say this is the least I have ever spent there. Came out a little over $12. I assume that my new P2K will have the cracked axle gear issue like all the rest. Rather play it safe than sorry. I haven't gotten a single four axle P2K...
  6. chessie_system3

Well fellers I figure it's time to do a check in. Been a good little bit since my last post. Haven't had anything really to talk about. I've been angry with current events but not for reasons one would expect. Had some helpful insight and wisdom handed to me by a former classmate turned Major in...
  7. chessie_system3

Morning fellers. I dont even remember the last time I stopped by here. Havent had much going on really. A whole bunch of work, eat, and sleep. Nothing new to the layout. I dont want to add to it in the present state. The warping is on my nerves. Ive been contemplating the possibility of a do...
  8. chessie_system3

Running Bear’s July 2021 Coffee Shop

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is well. Halfway through a short work week for me. I had monday off which i spent half of driving back from Virginia. Didnt get to do any railroading over the long weekend. I did however acquire another GP9. Its a total basket case! Started on it last night...
  9. chessie_system3

Running Bear’s July 2021 Coffee Shop

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is well. Im on my army grade coffee this morning. Lots of rain today and tomorrow. Thats all i have for now. Hope everyone has a good day.
  10. chessie_system3

Running Bear’s June 2021 Coffee Shop

The dreaded return to work Monday. Well for us working folks anyways. Hitting the 90s today in temps. Im not a fan of 90 degree weather. I prefer 70s and 80s for highs. Ill have to wait for that to come around later this week. Had an eventful weekend. My daughter wanted to run the layout on...
  11. chessie_system3

Happy fathers day to all the dads out there. Today is the last day of my vacation. Will be back to work tomorrow. Slow but fast week off. Managed to get my garage cleaned up a good bit. At the layout I added some more puff ball trees. Its a slow going affair just not as slow as actually...
  12. chessie_system3

Well a post before bed is in order here. Did up some more puffball trees for the layout. Had to replace....again....the turnout that connects the yard to the main. Worked a little more diligently this go around. Hopefully this will get it fixed up. And for kicks I brought out my P2K GP30. Hope...
  13. chessie_system3

Evening fellers. I hope everyone is well. Tapped into my curious creative side today. I ordered a pwm controller a week ago. It finally decided to show up today. At $8 I figured why not try it out and see. After watching a video on the matter. I decided I should give it a shot and see. Results...
  14. chessie_system3

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is well. I guess I can say Im the poster boy for sticking my foot into my mouth in regards to my throttle post from earlier. That being said. I consider my throttles to be more or less insurance. Should one fail I have one to take its place. Thats how I came...
  15. chessie_system3

Well fellers its time to call it a weekend. Well at least for me anyways. I started my puff ball trees this evening. Or rather an hour and some change ago. Im actually pretty satisfied with the result. They are a little darker than anticipated but they turned out nicely for the most part. I used...
  16. chessie_system3

Evening fellers. Went to my old stomping grounds today. No trains however. That was kind of a let down. Worked with another throttle last night just for kicks. Brought out one of my Cab Control 55s. I have two of these. One that will work with either AC or DC. Im pretty sure it is the last model...
  17. chessie_system3

I actually have one. I got it for quite a good price too. If i remember correctly it was around $10.
  18. chessie_system3

Evening fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Got some goodies in the mail today. Did i need to add to my caboose fleet? Short answer is no. This was too good of a deal to pass up. So I went ahead and bought em! Mostly for the blue Atlas caboose.
  19. chessie_system3

Good morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Work hours limited my train time last night. Its time for another cleaning on the layout. My P2K GP7 is not running well at all. Odd for it to not run at least somewhat decent. Wheels are a bit grimy. So instead I ran my Atlas GP7 in its...
  20. chessie_system3

Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Fellers! I hope everyone is doing well. Havent had much time to do anything on here. My work schedule has been quite hectic. The senior tech went out hurt and its been bonkers since. Also hasnt given me much time for railroading either. I have been toying around with my throttles some. Honestly...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.