Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. chadbag

Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Informationally, I'd take that NY Times info with a huge grain of salt. They (meaning the government and other interested parties) don't have the actual data to back that up (that most of the infections are unvaccinated). I didn't keep the link but it was basically a statement from a CDC or...
  2. chadbag

Unless they have a law they have to follow and report it anyway, I suspect this is a HIPAA violation and could be reported if you so desired. I am not advocating it, but also not not advocating it. They won't learn if there is no pushback and consequence.
  3. chadbag

Yeah I’d rather talk trains (or at least RVs and trucks and the weather in Texas). Covid has been in my mind a lot this week however as the company is I work for has now mandated vaccination, and my daughter also had an exposure at school by a stupid kid who came knowing they had symptoms and...
  4. chadbag

With regards to Covid -- I've been trying to stay out of this. The problem with the vaccine is we really don't know how much it helps. Now they say after 6 months the efficacy goes way down (at east in some cases). Israel, with about 80%+ vaccination rate, has hospitals overflowing and no...
  5. chadbag

Does his first name happen to be "Rod"?
  6. chadbag

Not to be pedantic, but it is(was) actually "Patriot Day". "Patriot's Day" is the third Monday of April (April 19 being the actual day) and is related to the American Revolution battles of Lexington and Concord. This is also when the Boston Marathon is run. "Patriot's Day" is a Mass or New...
  7. chadbag

Oldie but goodie!
  8. chadbag

Which is strange as I have not seen it happen to his stuff (or any stuff) in a long while... I wonder if the viewers browser matters as well?
  9. chadbag

House update Last week, Thursday and Friday we got started with the first layer (I believe I posted that) and Saturday and Monday we got a lot done with the days off. This week at lunch my son and I have been going up for 90-150 minutes to get something done and make forward progress. I have...
  10. chadbag

We had one of those when I was a kid and oil came in those round containers. By the time I was driving in the mid 80s oil came in one quart plastic pour bottles with caps, very similar to what you see today.
  11. chadbag

Just remember that eating fat does not make you fat. Your body (typically) metabolizes fat for energy (right away) while carbs are stored away for fat for energy on a rainy (or lean) day... (Of course, eating 10k calories of fat is more energy than you need so that would probably get stored...
  12. chadbag

I approve, as long as that "Brown Sauce" stuff is not involved...
  13. chadbag

My son and I got a small amount moved today, of the remaning ICF bundles, and started measuring and testing some corners for the first wall to be started. Chalked a line. Didn't have more time than that. Later in the evening, I had invited volunteers on our neighborhood FB groups (there are...
  14. chadbag

Running Bear's August 2021 Coffee Shop

Today I was late getting up to the job site. Pooped from yesterdya. But my son and I got a bunch of the ICF bundles moved, and I got a few more moved tonight by myself. Also, 2 large, 2 piece (so 4 pieces altogether) glass shower doors were delivered by freight to my existing house (for the...
  15. chadbag

I should be able to one of these days, when I have a down day. RIght now waiting for a shipment (to my home now) of some shower doors -- truck said they'd be here about now) and then back to the site to move ICF and throw rebar into the hole :)
  16. chadbag

My son and I are putting them up. (I had another guy, the siding guy, but who had done this many times, who was going to help, but he's been busy with some large jobs and I have not been able to talk with him recently). I guess you could say I am the contractor, as I am also arranging a bunch...
  17. chadbag

Hello everyone. I am still amongst the living. The ICF blocks showed up this morning on schedule. I have 3 days off from the day job to get started and then I'll work a few hours a day on the ICF until the first (basement) floor is done. Then take a few more days off to get the second floor...
  18. chadbag

I feel naked without a seat belt. Kind of weird to occasionally get in the car and move it to a different spot on the driveway or go down the street and come back and not have the belt. What annoys me more than the car not starting without a seat belt are the manual transmission cars that...
  19. chadbag

What, no ice ? How do you (meaning Guy) go fishing without a frozen lake? Heresy. Doing it the easy way like the rest of us...
  20. chadbag

Esso was used in the US for a long time (at least in certain states). It is the phonetic pronunciation of S O for Standard Oil. Standard Oil was broken up in 1911. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esso It is Exxon's (now ExxonMobils) mark and is used throughout much of the world for their...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.