Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

How far can a tortise throw

I have a frog that lands right in the middle of a joint. Can't move the joint and can't wiggle the T/O either way. It will be a 2 1/4 inch reach up to the throw bar. Can a tortise do it with a stronger throw wire than the one that comes with it. If so what diameter should I look at? Tks...
  2. S

Yet another Athearn Gen Challenger thread

I have wanted a Challenger for quite some time now(HO). I have been looking at the Ath Gen Challenger but have heard numerous complaints about the sound system and its operating problems (again same decoder). My question is if I replaced the sound/motor system with a Tsunami would I have a...
  3. S

Installation of Upgrade chip in 2nd Gen Hudson w/video

I installed the upgrade chip today in my 2nd generation BLI Hudson. The swap took less time then it did to get the loco out of the box. I bought the extractor which made the process easy. I have five more QSI Loco's so the 8 bucks for the extractor was worth it. I don't really want to do...
  4. S

Ll P2k Gp-7 Dcc Ready????

I just bought a new LL GP-7 online and was about to put a sound decoder in it and noticed the red wire is screwed onto the frame? That cannot be good. Every loco I have bought todate was in fact DCC ready so I have no expeirience with this scenario. On the Litchfieldstation website it has...
  5. S

Curved RR Bridge?

I have to place a single track bridge over some water that happens to be on a corner of the layout. This will require a curved bridge. I can't scratch build this so I am hoping someone can give me some ideas or kits I can buy that will work. It is HO and the curved section is going to be...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.