Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. J

I bought an old collection yesterday

I have been looking for unusual N gage items, and came across a local Craigslist ad that had a lot of older N gage items, but aslos included a lot more HO stuff. I bought the whole lot just for the N gage items, but now that I've looked at teh HO stuff, I'm amazed at what he had, and teh...
  2. J

N Scale show in Central Ohio this coming weekend

Anyone here planning to attend a show at the Franklin County Fairgrounds (Columbus, Ohio) this coming weekend? I'll be there Saturday, looking for stuff. Sometimes you don't know what you need until you see it, LOL!
  3. J

Greetings from Central Ohio!

Hello everyone! Like many people, I found myself digging out the old train set this past winter since we were all cooped up. Back in 1994, my wife got me a pretty nice locomotive ands some rolling Stock from a LHS called The Train Station in Columbus, OH. She also got a lot of Bachman...
  4. J

small Kato Unitrack layout idea

Here is my attempt at an N scale layout that will be rural mountains and a river going into a reservoir. I'm not planning to have any buildings at this time. It took me a while to learn how to use Anyrail software, but here it is. Please critique. Is this too complex for the size of the...
  5. J

Newbie seeking recommendations for N scale locomotive

Good day! I’m a new member from Ohio. I've been doing a lot of reading here, and really appreciate all the tips and techniques, especially as they relate to scenery. I have some old (mid 90's) locomotives and rolling stock that my wife bought me when our kids were young to setup a ring around...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.