Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. J

I bought an old collection yesterday

I was told this is an observation car, but it doesn't have any trucks or couplers.
  2. J

This boxcar looks like it's walls are slats.
  3. J

Another boxcar, this one with the door open
  4. J

I was told this is a pickle car
  5. J

This is a pretty unique piece. I was afraid to remove the rubber band, LOL!
  6. J

Another flatbed, but really heavy duty, with 4 trucks.
  7. J

Is this what they call a gondola or a hopper?
  8. J

Another unusual piece
  9. J

This thing ir really cool, but I have no idea what it is. The gate-like things on the back articulate, and are held closed with little lengths of chain.
  10. J

I think this is a reefer?
  11. J

Tool car - this is really unusual!
  12. J

Here is a caboose
  13. J

Then there's this little guy
  14. J

I have been looking for unusual N gage items, and came across a local Craigslist ad that had a lot of older N gage items, but aslos included a lot more HO stuff. I bought the whole lot just for the N gage items, but now that I've looked at teh HO stuff, I'm amazed at what he had, and teh...
  15. J

N Scale show in Central Ohio this coming weekend

Anyone here planning to attend a show at the Franklin County Fairgrounds (Columbus, Ohio) this coming weekend? I'll be there Saturday, looking for stuff. Sometimes you don't know what you need until you see it, LOL!
  16. J

Greetings from Central Ohio!

Thanks for the welcome! There is an N-Scale show coming up at the Franklin County Fairgrounds (Hilliard, Ohio, suburb of Columbus) in a couple weeks. I'm hoping to find some fun stuff for my eventual build. I get really busy in the warmer months with yard work (I have about 6 acres to mow)...
  17. J

Greetings from Central Ohio!

Hello everyone! Like many people, I found myself digging out the old train set this past winter since we were all cooped up. Back in 1994, my wife got me a pretty nice locomotive ands some rolling Stock from a LHS called The Train Station in Columbus, OH. She also got a lot of Bachman...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.