Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. K

Found a couple photos of my Dad's layout, from 1956

Love the layout - the curves have an impressively small radius!
  2. K

Northeastern HO scale switching layout

Its just an inexpensive Atheran that I bought about 14 years ago. Not a lot of detail - for example, the ditch lights are just painted on. It only has a basic Digitrax decoder but runs very quietly and smoothly. It really needs to be weathered!
  3. K

Same here - I verified that my C44-9 had no problem negotiating Atlas #4 turnouts
  4. K

This did not go well :-) I had this idea of using foam core board as the road areas on my layout but it warped once it was painted with Woodland Scenics Asphalt paint. Previously foam core board came with think clay-coated paper that did not take much water but this foam core board seems to...
  5. K

My daughter just saw there warehouse and thinks it looks a bit like an IKEA store. In fact, it does look a bit like the IKEA store in Elizabeth NJ alongside the NJ Turnpike :)
  6. K

The warehouse roof was very tricky to assemble! I read the instructions and careful maneuvering of the pieces. I am almost done with the outside trim. Next I need to do some weathering of the building.
  7. K

Got all the walls of the warehouse completed! I really like the look of this structure. Its exactly what I wanted for the location - the sheer size makes it really imposing. Still more work to be done in terms of adding details.
  8. K

The big warehouse is coming together nicely. I finally got to use my miniature right angle clamps.
  9. K

I am making progress weathering tracks and assembling the warehouses. In the meantime, I just received a set of HO scale street lights and associated light controller. It would not have been hard to come up with a separate power supply for the lights but on a small layout like this, it's...
  10. K

I have been busty for the past couple of days. Yesterday, I installed missing ties near track joints - you have to cut away the ties when using flex track. This was very tedious work as I had to file down the tiers to be able to slide them under the rails. But thankfully, its all done now. This...
  11. K

0-4-0 Rivarossi project

Looks great - is it running on DCC?
  12. K

Grain Terminal Build

Thanks! Your layout looks spectacular. I'm much inspired by it.
  13. K

Finally done with the wiring! All of the frogs are now powered. It went very quickly thanks to the Wago connectors. I secured the Wago connectors to the underside of the layout using Scotch Dual Lock pieces.
  14. K

My network terminal railroad building layout in HO scale

Wow! This is real engineering in model form! Very impressed by the quality of your track work. I can see an Austrian coach on your layout - are you in Europe?
  15. K

Got the frog juicers wired up and they seem to be working just fine. The Wago connectors are just amazing - I can't recommend them highly enough! Makes it really easy to connect the dropper wires to the juicer.
  16. K

Pleased with the way the wheel stops look after painting them. These are made by Osborn Model Kits in Canada.
  17. K

Grain Terminal Build

Just catching up with this fantastic thread - great work @TLOC ! What is this structure with an awning in the forefront that looks like an oil terminal? It looks like it would be perfect for my layout.
  18. K

The Uffington and Davis Railroad (The Uff Da Line)

I really like the port variant. My only suggestion is to reduce the amount of trackage a bit. The layout will be a lot easier to build but it will still be a lot of fun to operate. One idea is to get rid of the three sidings inside the oval.
  19. K

More about track bumpers :-) I created a simple jig to make it easier to assemble the Tichy Trains stops. These kits are very hard to assemble but this jig really simplified matters a lot: I then painted the bumpers yellow with acrylic paints. Also, I received the Walthers warehouse...
  20. K

A few quick updates as seen in the attached photo 1. I have been working on assembling some wooden wheel stops. I think I bought these a long time ago at the Amherst train show. They are very hard to assemble but I thought I would use a few of them for variety along with the Tichy track bumper...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.